Do I up my calories again?

marketdimlylit
marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
Okay so a good few months ago I thought I'd give this whole eat more to weigh less strategy a try.
I upped from 1200 to around 1500 of which I've lost around 10lbs.
I've come to a stop in the weight loss for some reason.. so do I up my calories again?
I'm 20, 151lbs, exercise about 4-5 times a week.

Would appreciate a little help people :)

Replies

• swingkid1975
    swingkid1975 Posts: 105 Member
    I'm at the same spot as you. I've lost 11 lbs, but now I've stopped. I'm planning on taking a reset week next week and eating at TDEE for the week to see if that helps when I go back to -15%.
  • Tahlij
    Tahlij Posts: 31 Member
    Run your figures through the TDEE calculator again, for me I'd say you need to up slightly but the calc will tell you - good luck!
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    ^^this.

curious - where did you get 1500 from? did you do the calculations to start with or just UP your cals?
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    My guess would be your still under eating and its time to up your calories again.. as Tahlij said, run the numbers again and see where you should be at and adjust accordingly.. 1500 seems a bit low still.
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    I agree I am 44 and sendentary and I eat 1650. Use the scooby calculator http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ to calculate your bmr & tdee-15%. 1500 seems low too.
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    I agree that you need to run your numbers through the scooby calc and you should be eating tdee -15% everyday if that is not what you are doing.