I need your input!

My tdee is like 2500 cals, my bmr is 1674, so I took my base cals per day to 1750. If I burn 500 working out...that brings my total cals for the day to around 2200, should I only eat around 2000 calories and not consume all the exercise cals? I dont want to eat under my bmr because I want to build muscle and lose fat. I think I should eat between 21-2300 depending on the workout........

Replies

• bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    i keep re-reading this bc i dont want you to be left hanging but i am confused!

if you used the scoobys workshop calculator, then your exercise if already figured into your cut number. you should aim to eat the same # of calories everyday regardless of whether you are working out or not...

consistency is key! not sure if that helps....
  • Tenar13
    Tenar13 Posts: 49 Member
    If you have figured your exercise in your TDEE based on your activity level then you should calculate a 15% cut of your TDEE and eat that everyday (regardless of exercies). The only time you should eat back exercise is if they cause your net to drop below your BMR - and if this happens regularly then from previous posts here I understand that you should revisit your activity level as it might be set too low.

According to the figures you supplied you should therefore be eating 2125 calories a day for your 15% cut regardless of your workout but double check that your workout is not causing you to net lower than your BMR. If it does then you will need to eat back to net your BMR.
  • jeannettarodgers
    jeannettarodgers Posts: 17 Member
    thank you so much, this is what I needed to know! :smile: