Starting my cut- changed body chemistry

Options
I have two weeks before my cut is scheduled but I think I'm going to begin it early. The last few days I've noticed a huge shift in my body...hard to explain, but it feels like the chemistry is different. I've been doing high intensity circuit training 5x a week and even my rest days feel like stuff is happening! Eating at my TDEE is a big challenge and I'm getting really frustrated feeling "big" for all the hard work. But I've been hanging in there for the calendar count. Now my body feels different, like it's working the way it should. I'm sleeping well, no more hair loss, have lots of energy, no cravings, feeling very stable. My gut says it's time to cut if I want to lose. We're getting ready to start a big vacation that will no doubt have some great food but it's also extremely active. I won't have any problem burning cals! But I started this in April to lose 20 lbs and I'm up 5 more than that. I'm feeling very, very ready to get moving towards that goal as a healthier person.

Here's my plan: start my cut today with the goal of maintaining that for a month. If it gets too hard on vacation, up it back to TDEE and start it again when I get back.

Anyone been in a similar sitch who can advice/caution/share?

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Hi!

How long have you been eating at TDEE for?
  • mturgeon05
    mturgeon05 Posts: 204
    Options
    You know your body best. So if you feel ready, I say go for it. Be realistic with yourself about vacation...enjoy and don't stress too much about maintaining your cut. If it happens, great, but if you go a bit over there is nothing wrong with that!

Can't wait to hear how your cut goes...I am supposed to be starting in 2 weeks, but I think I am going to lift heavier and just maintain. I love me some food :smile:
  • tiaredgypsie
    Options
    I've been at TDEE for just over 6 weeks. My favorite things are how much cleaner I'm eating (and I was a whole food nut before!), having bagels again, and eating several small meals a day! What a difference! But I still love small portions and I'm mentally ready to stop trying to cram the count up. In honesty, I don't think I hit the magic numbers often enough. But I think I've seen the tangible effects enough that my body has gotten the point: I will feed it, so it's okay to trust that even let go of some weight. Here's hoping!
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I am anxious to start my cut as well and feel like I'm struggling with the reset yet again...seems to be a weekly roller coaster ride for me. But honestly, with your vacation coming up, it would probably be best to wait until afterward, really focus on cleaning up the diet, etc. Im still planning on sticking it out for the full 8 weeks, and thats the advice I would give to anyone who's eating at TDEE for a reset purpose.