Eating while prepping meals?

bethad5
bethad5 Posts: 176 Member
Does anyone else have this issue? I frequently make 'overnight oats' - so I mix rolled oats, yogurt, milk, and chia seeds, and let it sit overnight. I eat it in the morning, rinse the bowl out, and then make my 'batch' for the next day right after. Today I made my bowl for tomorrow and ended up eating the whole thing! I'm all about 'tasting' while preparing meals... but to actually eat the whole bowl?! I feel nauseous :(

Anyone else have this issue/have any tips?

Replies

• _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    i've never eaten the whole thing that i was prepparing, but yes, i do this everyday. i pack my lunch for today ysterday and i lick the spoon of yogurt, pb, take an extra almond... i'd say "mindless snacking" is about 100 calories extra per day. it sucks :(
  • MrsSki38
    MrsSki38 Posts: 68 Member
    I tend to 'snack' while cooking dinner. I would suggest after eating your normal bowl of oats, brushing your teeth before preparing your bowl for the following morning.

If I'm starving while cooking dinner, I tend to drink a lot of water or even micro a coffee cup of water to get it hot and add some lemon to it. That keeps my stomach occupied until dinner time. If that's not for you then maybe a 1/4 - 1/2 cup of cold milk.

Take a nice walk or move around to help ease the nausea. Or have some hot mint tea. I can feel your pain.
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 344 Member
    ive noticed that when i work out before dinner i am much less likely to snack while i cook