Feeling frustrated :(

Options
Tina__T
Tina__T Posts: 14 Member
I've been low carbing for almost 2 weeks now, and I have yet to lose anything :( I've actually GAINED...I weigh myself every day when I get up after going to the bathroom, and yesterday I was at 155 and today I'm at 157. What in the world is going on?? I've NEVER had a problem losing weight by doing low carb. I try to be as active as I can, having 2 young daughters, a husband, and a house to take care of makes it difficult sometimes. We have a pool and I try to swim as much as I can, I do Pilates here and there, and walk the dog. What gives??? I write down EVERYTHING I put in my mouth, and I stay under 50 net carbs a day.

Replies

• FitFi74
    FitFi74 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hey - Don't give up! I've lost 4lb this week but my carbs are a bit higher than yours - just cos I'm a carb monster so cutting them too low may have killed me! Maybe rethink your percentage x
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Quit weighing yourself every day cause your weight will fluctuate daily. Try playing around with the number of carbs you eat. You may be eating too many or maybe not enough. Everyone's body is different.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Quit weighing yourself every day cause your weight will fluctuate daily. Try playing around with the number of carbs you eat. You may be eating too many or maybe not enough. Everyone's body is different.

Good advice, bodyweight fluctuates all over the place.

I used to weigh daily at the same time of day (important, daily varience is huge, relatively) and it just drove me nuts. I then switched to weekly but I haven't hopped on in ages. I go by how I feel and my belt.

I suggest going on measurements rather than weight.

And I'd give it a month at least, it can take 3 weeks to adapt to burning fat and not sugar.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind, you are not taking into consideration that its only been two weeks...

You have to be patient to allow your body to adjust to the changes you are putting it through, dietarily-speaking.

Make sure you are getting a healthy balance, stay well hydrated.

If you are finding yourself burning alot of calories to the point of your daily intake being too low, eat more food.... seriously... eat more.
  • Tina__T
    Tina__T Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Don't plan on giving up, but just frustrated. Any time before that I did low carb I didn't have this much trouble losing anything!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    try going under 20 gram for a week, to be sure you're in ketosis. then you should drop some weight.
  • mstorvik
    mstorvik Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I agree with cara... I would cut it to under 20 for one week and see if that does it.

Have you heard of JUDDD? I've been reading about it and it looks interesting. not sure if it's something I would do... but interesting...