Can I start NROL4W while doing the 30 Day Shred?

Options
This is my first time posting on here but I have been reading a lot about this program. I was even able to check out the book at the library (and hope to keep renewing it for four months...lol). My current stats are as follow:

I am 5'8"
CW: 160.8
GW: 135-140 (depending on my muscular build...I might be satisfied as a strong 140)
Daily Calorie Limit: 1800
Protein: 136g (doing the 40-30-30)

I have a few questions first:

*Should I wait to start strength training once I lose more weight?
*If I can start, should I stop doing the 30 DS (which involves weights in circuit mode) or can I do it in conjunction with NROL4W (maybe only doing the program on the off days? I just don't want any interference with muscle recovery)?

OR

Should I just complete the 30 DS straight through and start on the NROL4W once I have completed the Shred?

I am just looking for some insight on the best way to get started. I guess I am really excited about this! :)

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I was a week and a bit into Ripped in 30 when I started NR, couldn't continue with it, wasn't enough recovery between lifting days with that in there too! You could see how you get on doing both if you are happy to drop one should you need to.
    I'd start strength training now, I wish I had started sooner it is the best/most enjoyable thing I have done for my health!