Are you ready??

Options
myohana4
myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
This 30 Day Shred challenges starts on Sunday, July 8. If you haven't gotten your DVD yet, now is your chance to go on out and grab it and join in on the Shred!

We can do this!!

Replies

• SntmntlGk
    SntmntlGk Posts: 16
    Options
    Just what I was looking for! I actually started yesterday but it won't hurt me to do an extra couple of days. Looking forward to checking in with you and anyone else who joins in!
  • cgirod
    cgirod Posts: 3
    Options
    I just joined the group but this might not work for me right now. Has anyone done it? I'm still recovering from knee surgery. Also, is there anything, other than the DVD, to buy?
  • SntmntlGk
    SntmntlGk Posts: 16
    Options
    How long ago was your knee surgery? The workout is pretty active, lots of squats, lunges, jumping jacks, etc. The only equipment you need are a set of small hand weights (2.5-5lbs)

:)
  • myohana4
    Options
    I was also told that the first 10 days of Level 1 are on YouTube so you can watch it there until you get a DVD. No excuses! ;)
  • goldencat01
    goldencat01 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i just started today! eek its hard to start. but ive done it before and lost 13 lbs and 10 inches. we can do it!
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I tried it today and only lasted 14 minutes, going to attempt it again tomorrow so I'll just have 2 extra days at level 1- I want to still follow along with everyone starting sunday :)
  • arylia
    arylia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I tried it today and hopefully I won't be too sore tomorrow! I did have to cheat on some of the arm exercises with the weights... Anyone know how to log calories burned from doing the workout onto myfitnesspal?
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I AM READY - not yelling just motivated and excited!! Haha.
  • myohana4
    Options
    I AM READY - not yelling just motivated and excited!! Haha.

LOL! ME TOO!!
    I totally need this!
  • myohana4
    Options
    I tried it today and hopefully I won't be too sore tomorrow! I did have to cheat on some of the arm exercises with the weights... Anyone know how to log calories burned from doing the workout onto myfitnesspal?

There are a lot of threads on this subject on the message boards. It seems like most people just log the time under Circuit Training. Everyone's body is different so the calories burned will not be the same for everyone. However, it does seem like the range is between 180-220 calories for 20 minutes.

Hope this helps!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    wondering if I should start this with you guys...I'm already doing Tapout XT. Hmmmm...what do you guys think?
  • stephaniemarie416
    stephaniemarie416 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just started the 30 Day Shred today :smile:
    I am super excited!
  • stephaniemarie416
    Options
    I just joined the group but this might not work for me right now. Has anyone done it? I'm still recovering from knee surgery. Also, is there anything, other than the DVD, to buy?

Hello! The DVD is all you need, plus a set of hand weights, but you can always use small medicine balls or even 2 cans of food.

As far as your knee surgery goes...there is a lot of stuff like lunges that could be tough on your knee, however, she has one of her girls doing "modified" exercises for beginners which are generally less hard on the joints and such so maybe you could try following that until you feel comfortable !
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I am ready !!!
  • stephaniemarie416
    Options

There are a lot of threads on this subject on the message boards. It seems like most people just log the time under Circuit Training. Everyone's body is different so the calories burned will not be the same for everyone. However, it does seem like the range is between 180-220 calories for 20 minutes.

Hope this helps!

I do the same thing..I log it in as circuit training for 30 minutes (I do a little bit of my own thing after the DVD) and it usually says that I burn around 200 calories which seems pretty accurate to me!
  • stephaniemarie416
    Options
    I tried it today and only lasted 14 minutes, going to attempt it again tomorrow so I'll just have 2 extra days at level 1- I want to still follow along with everyone starting sunday :)

I consider myself in decent shape and I was honestly shocked at how tough it was! I generally do running and strength training at the gym so it was certainly something different than what I am used to...

Regardless, Jillian kick your butt into shape! I'm excited to move on the next levels and (hopefully) see some improvements in my body when I complete the 30 Day Shred!

Good Luck!!:happy:
  • patiblue
    patiblue Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm ready; I actually started yesterday before I ran across the post for a group. I must admit. I am SO SORE today it's not even funny but it's a gooooooood hurt. Best of luck friends! We can do it!
  • Kimlp85
    Kimlp85 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm ready , i started on thursday but what's a few extra days!!!!!
  • patiblue
    patiblue Posts: 44
    Options

Hope this helps!

I do the same thing..I log it in as circuit training for 30 minutes (I do a little bit of my own thing after the DVD) and it usually says that I burn around 200 calories which seems pretty accurate to me!

Thanks! I found a post that said it burned close to 375 so that was WAY off. I'll make my own exercise and plan on assuming it burns around 200.
  • jinglejangles
    Options
    Wow !!
    Day 1 of THE SHRED: that was "interesting" (read: bloody full on and sweaty!!) and started on LEVEL 1.
    Still, felt kinda good, not sure i'm going to enjoy the aches. Those push ups and lunge exercises were something ELSE!

Good Luck All. May the FORCE BE WITH YOU !!