Lunch 300
Dinner 500
Plus 200 for snacks

What are your thoughts

Replies

• brinaz88
    brinaz88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    a snacks it's around 100 calories each! you have to eat a big breakfast! and not a big dinner!
  • Ashers83
    Ashers83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I like a bigger breakfast or lunch. Definitely not dinner but that's me. Find what works for you.
  • Emmarogers2008
    Options
    The reason i have a small breakfast is because Until i restarted MFP on the 28th June 2012 i never ate breakfast i as i find it a real struggle to eat in the mornings but do however know the importance of doing so if i plan on making this a new life long eating plan. And i have chosen dinner as my main meal as it is very important to me that when i sit down with my children at the dinner table with the same foods on my plate as them i want them to be fit and healthy children with no hang ups about food and the sure fire way to give them hang ups is to eat differently to them.
  • saalty1978
    Options
    I agree that dinner should be your lighter meal, but I am in the same dilemma as you with sitting down with the family together and eating the same foods. One suggestion would be to not have any sort of breads or grains at dinner and add more veggies. Cut your meat portion down as well. This way you will still have pretty much the same as they do, but won't have the heavier stuff weighing you down in the evenings. Another thought is that after dinner, have the family do some sort of exercise so that the calories don't just sit with you. Take a walk, play a game of kickball, or whatever fits into your family's lifestyle.
  • frcklz613
    frcklz613 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to follow Bob Harper's Skinny Rules (from Biggest Loser). Found them on Pinterest. He recommends a full breakfast and no carbs after lunch along with a few other simple tips to follow. Another thing is to not eat anything 3 hours before going to bed. Still working on that one...

http://heygetfit.tumblr.com/post/26080452921