Stage 2 and Intervals question

Options
tchrmom04
tchrmom04 Posts: 84 Member
Ok - I'm going to be doing my 2nd Work out B for Stage 2 workout tomorrow. It is the one with intervals. Normally on Saturday morning - I do a kickbox class for an hour (well - closer to 45 minutes) and then go to the weight room to do my NROL4W workout. But as I have been re-reading about Stage 2 with the intervals - I see it is preferable (hence the intervals) to do weights first.

I have been so by the book lately - so I am trying to decide - skip the kickbox - or do the weights before kickbox - and then use the kickbox class for my intervals - or forget kickbox and just do intervals on the elliptical or treadmill. :)

Thank you!

Replies

• chicbuc
    chicbuc Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy the kickboxing, do the lifting then the class.
  • tchrmom04
    tchrmom04 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you - I appreciate the input. I need to just chill and relax and not worry so much about following the rules exactly. :) Ha ha...

sherry
  • libby555
    libby555 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You may find that you are too worn out to do the kickbox (BodyCombat) class and weights on the same day. I found myself either not putting enough into weight lifting so that I would have energy for the class or putting all I had into weight lifting and being really tired throughout the class. So just watch for signs of fatigue. I now do them on different days to be sure I can give them both my all.
  • chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    Options
    i was hoping you asked the question i have...

i'm absolutely confused by what they mean by intervals. i'll be started stage 2 next week and i have no idea what i need to be doing in addition to to the weight lifting... can anyone help me? thanks
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Lift and then do the kickboxing class.

During Stage 1, I would lift and then do a spin class. I plan on doing that for my intervals for Stage 2 as well.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    i was hoping you asked the question i have...

i'm absolutely confused by what they mean by intervals. i'll be started stage 2 next week and i have no idea what i need to be doing in addition to to the weight lifting... can anyone help me? thanks

Just pick whatever cardio you enjoy, and alternate steady state with moments of high intensity based on whatever is prescribed for the workout you're on. :)
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    there is also an example of a interval training schedule in the book. Pick a cardio activity you like and follow the guidelines