Hello, Welcome!

Options
JessePaige90
JessePaige90 Posts: 47 Member
I'm Jess. I created this group because I want to find other women who use these workouts. I enjoy them because they are pretty easy but they work. I'm just getting back into them. The first time I tried to lose weight back in 2009, I did the Four Mile Super Challenge faithfully and liked the results. I have a few other Walk Away The Pounds Workouts but I want to know what some of the other ones are like, I want variety since this seems to be the one workout I can do every single day and not regret it. I look forward to hearing about your experiences and success.:smile:

Replies

• CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'ev stumbled across your group and looked up the workouts. Seems like my sort of thing, so I think I am going to give it a try :)
  • KSea77
    KSea77 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi I use that same DVD. I normally do the 2 mile challange the most. I try to do the 3 & 4 at least once a week. I'm not really seeing results yet :frown: but I'm sticking with it this go round.

What does everyone log it as walking or aerobics? I long mine as general aerobics. Happy @JessePaige90 started this group. :happy: hopfully more members will join.
  • janetmedhat
    Options
    How do I get started? Do I have to buy a video or book?
  • holdingsteady1120
    holdingsteady1120 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group! I have several of her video series. I need to get started back with them. I've had knee issues as of late, but walking doesn't hurt. My favorites are the Walk at home series from 2010 (this is the one where she shows you healthy choices for meals) and the Walk Slim series from 2007. I really like the 1 mile walks because I feel like I've accomplished something and it only takes 15-20 minutes! When I have more time or am motivated (which is not very often) I'll do the 2 mile or 3 mile walks. Haven't been able to do the 4 mile walks yet, but I'll get there.
  • Filletsteak
    Filletsteak Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm doing Walking at home Part 1 and 2 from Youtube, do them twice so that's a 4 mile walk each time. Sometimes I do more (sometimes I do less), sometimes I use weights. I can do them if it's raining outside and I feel a difference. What should I progress to?
  • annette0118
    Options
    how do i join..i am new to myfitnesspal....just started yesterday..
  • Wuisyb
    Wuisyb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been using Leslie for more than 7 years. Her workouts are simple, yet fulfilling. You burn a lot of calories and really get a good workout. I found many of my DVD's in stores like Ross, TJMaxx and Big Lots. Amazon.com have them at a very inexpensive price as well. I use the 3 mile express and the Walk & Kick the most. When it's too hot to do my 4 miles outside I just throw in the DVD. So come on ladies, "Raise those arms up to heaven"! :smile:
  • Wuisyb
    Options
    Hi Annette, I think you will like Leslie's DVD's. Amazon.com have several right now for $7 or less and if you have the prime membership you could be using Leslie by Tuesday. Best wishes!
  • lsingleton180
    Options
    hi im latoya and i have used Leslie's DVD's for 2 years and i love them their easy to pick up and if u get the chance try the videos with the walking tools like the 2 pound belt. thanks for this group
  • PeekABooGirl
    PeekABooGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello! I used WAP a few months ago and quit after a week since I saw no results. But out of fairness, I know a week isn't a good amount of time to see how things work. So I'm starting up today and going to stick with it this time. My problem is that I find exercise painfully boring! No matter what I try, it bores me to tears. I wish it were nicer outside but at 105 temps = that's not gonna happen.

Melanie
  • MsQuida
    MsQuida Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello All,
    I am currently doing the "Walk Slim-5 Really Big Miles" which comes with the toning band and I absolutely LOVE it!!
    I've been "walking slim" for 3-4 weeks now and I've dropped 2.5 pounds so it works.
    My only problem is I don't know how to log it for my exercise. It would be good if they could add these DVDs to the exercise database!!
    HAPPY WALKING!!
  • gusgrace06
    gusgrace06 Posts: 27
    Options
    HI, I've used the Walk Away the Pounds for a on and off for a couple of years, and I love them. Thanks to the Army my knees are shot so some of the other exercises are way out, but this is a low impact workout that still works.
  • mom2boys3
    mom2boys3 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love my WAP videos. I have a few different ones, but the one I have been using lately has a brisk 2mile walk. I can do it with or without the weighted belt, and I am done in about half an hour, dripping with sweat and needing a shower. I really like that I can get my workout in without leaving the house, since I have 3 kids that can't walk at the pace that I want to workout at.
  • Tanig32
    Tanig32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love doing these workouts because im not comfortable enough yet to start going to the gym so they are something that i can do in my home and i dont have to do them around anyones schedule. Im glad to see that so many others enjoy the walk away the pounds programs heres to walking our way to a healthy life.
  • Dsnyfrk921
    Dsnyfrk921 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love her DVDs. I used them years ago when I lost weight. They are fun and I feel great when I'm done. I just started this program a week ago and got some of her new ones. I can't wait to try them!!
  • Wuisyb
    Options
    @MsQuida, I agree. They need to add Leslie's workouts to the exercise log. I add by using "aerobics" since that is what the workout offers. I use the "kick" for her Walk & Kick DVD.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm doing Walking at home Part 1 and 2 from Youtube, do them twice so that's a 4 mile walk each time. Sometimes I do more (sometimes I do less), sometimes I use weights. I can do them if it's raining outside and I feel a difference. What should I progress to?

thanks so much! Looked it up on YT and had the best work out with it!
  • Auy_Wil
    Auy_Wil Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi!

I have used Leslie's "Walking Away the Pounds" dvds in the past, and they definitely work. I have just joined My Fitness Pal, and I am going to begin to use them again. I am so glad you have started this group! I am looking forward to giving you guys support and encouragement, and receiving support and encouragement from you.

Looking forward to our journey!
  • KSea77
    KSea77 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just finished the 4 mile challenge:bigsmile: . Done for the day.

exercise.png
  • Dot2Dots
    Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone ! I love Leslie Sansone's Dvds...

I am currently going between "4 Really Big Miles" and the "Walk & Jog Dvd"...both are excellent workout that burn tons of calories ! I am not a firm band lover so I usually just pick up my 3-5 lbs. and get pumping along.