not eating enough

Options
Does anybody else have the problem of not eating enough calories? After working out hard in the gym food just doesn't sound appetizing and I don't want to eat but feel weak, tired, grouchy from not eating. I'm also taking hydroxycut and it makes me have surges of energy and not want to eat, I would stop taking them but they have been giving me overall great results.

Replies

• saalty1978
    Options
    I am having a problem with that too. My trainer is not happy with my food consumption and thinks I am slowing my metabolism by not eating more. It just goes against everything you hear about dieting: Calories out must exceed calories in. So based on that philosophy if you eat less, you should lose more.

To solve this I am throwing in one protein shake a day. Fruit, Water, and Whey powder with a spoonful of greek yogurt. I am hoping that this will give me the calorie consumption my trainer wants, but it is light enough that I don't feel bogged down.

Hope this helped a little!
  • txdistancerider
    Options
    Your trainer is right...not eating enough causes your body to think it is starving and it DOES slow down your metabolism as it thinks it must conserve the fuel (fat) it has. It's your bodies natural survival mechanism. If I find myself in that position (which I don't often) I just grab an extra piece of fruit and it does the trick for me.

Tracey
    I am having a problem with that too. My trainer is not happy with my food consumption and thinks I am slowing my metabolism by not eating more. It just goes against everything you hear about dieting: Calories out must exceed calories in. So based on that philosophy if you eat less, you should lose more.

To solve this I am throwing in one protein shake a day. Fruit, Water, and Whey powder with a spoonful of greek yogurt. I am hoping that this will give me the calorie consumption my trainer wants, but it is light enough that I don't feel bogged down.

Hope this helped a little!