Favorite escape foods

Options
coldiron50
coldiron50 Posts: 23 Member
Hi Everyone,
Starting a new topic to see who's still in this :) I am hangin in, but I have a lot of temptors and temptations, so it's hard. My husband may the worst as he is always prompting with goodies..yikes! Just wondered if you can have something forbidden without consequences to your health, what would that be? Mine has got to be doughnuts...fresh at a little shop outside Encinitas Ca..melt in your mouth with a good cup of coffee. If I could have that every morning, I definitely would go for it! Just sayin...:drinker:

Replies

• sloojgud
    sloojgud Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Boxes and boxes of chocolates for me please.

Julia
  • kenna44cat
    kenna44cat Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You could have one doughnut a day for brekky, Coldiron, I don't see why not if it's part of a balanced diet for the day. Find out how many calories is in one of your doughnuts and reckon it into your calorie count for the day. We can have anything in moderation, and chocolate is good for us, too, in moderation. I think if we had one chocolate as a treat every day it wouldn't hurt. It's important not to look at this as a restrictive diet so we go hog wild at the end of losing 10 pounds. Incorporate our favorite foods into our daily diet, and I don't mean diet as in restricting calories, but diet as in what we eat. Just make sure there's lots of fruit and veggies and some protein in there, too. A nice piece of cheese or fruit with the donut and coffee would be all right, I'm sure.

I used to like doughnuts, too, but knowing they're a trigger food for me I don't order them anymore.
  • coldiron50
    Options
    You are so right about the restrictive diet observation, and I know that I love sweets with coffee so moderation is the operative word...Chocolate is a fav too, but since I started a magnesium supplement, the craving has indeed stopped...funny thing about those foods we crave sometimes.
  • kenna44cat
    Options
    That's interesting, maybe the grannies were right and we crave foods because we're lacking something. My brother used to eat caterpillars and dirt. I think that's called pica. I wouldn't doubt that he was missing some vitamins and minerals as we didn't eat well. Chocolate I guess has magnesium? How cool that you no longer crave it. I'm usually not a sweet lover but when I do crave them I'll eat a whole box of mini tarts, for example, at one sitting. I don't seem to have a setting that says stop.
  • 1234getgoing
    Options
    Anything that has chocolate and peanut butter in it. (like Reeses peanut butter cups) There was a time I could eat lots of them and there were no weight gain consequenses !!! Those days are long gone so I stay away from them!!:ohwell:
  • coldiron50
    Options
    I Knowwww...Reese's peanut butter cups...two great flavors ..outside first ..then inside ..:love:
  • Renee2743
    Renee2743 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just discovered a new temptation, Vinegar and Salt potato chips. Has that tang that really floats my boat.
    Speaking of donuts, there's a great place in our hometown that sells great apple fritters. To die for.
    Also, my biggest comfort food is butter bread with sugar on it. Thanks Grandma, as that's what she
    would give me as a treat. Can you believe 60 years later I still butter up?
  • coldiron50
    Options
    Lol...that's so cool! Anything that grandma served was just plain better :wink:
  • kenna44cat
    Options
    I didn't have a grandma, both died when my parents were young, but mom used to melt cheddar cheese in the oven and then spread it on fresh homemade bread. That was really good.