Question about exercise calories

txsgirlK
txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
I am currently eating at 1900 calories. I use Scooby's to calculate and that is my TDEE -20% using moderate (3-5 hrs per week) exericse. I was never a VLCD but have played around between 1600-1900 trying to find my comfort zone and decided on the 1900 and am just now getting consistant with that.

I just today started JM 30 day shred.

Question: Should I eat my exercise calories back? I do not have a HRM but I kept up pretty well with Jillian. How do I log this exercise if I do?

Replies

• SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    If 1900 is your TDEE -20%, then that is the number you should be eating, even if MFP says you've got extra calories left over from exercise. Double-check to make sure you've got your settings on Scooby's right if you've started working out for longer periods of time, but otherwise I would say leave it alone. Jillian Michaels should probably be logged as circuit training.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    no... the scooby calcs would already include your exercise (as long as you are picking the closest activity level).
  • As I understand eat back enough to ensure you over BMR which for me is 1350. My cut is 1750 so if I have a big burn eg 500kcal circuit class my net is 1250... ( under BMR) In which case I eat some back to ensure my net is biggr than my BMR. Currently I aim for 250 over BMR as otherwise I'm starving.
    If on the other hand I just do a pump class that burns 200 kcal, so my net is 1550 I don't eat any back as I'm still over my BMR comfortably
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Thank you for your responses!

I chose moderate (3-5 hours/wk) because I am on my feet a lot at work plus I'm doing the Shred, so I think that should be good. I also may throw in a Zumba day once a week so I don't forget the steps and I love it!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    TDEE calculates your weekly average burn in it, so you dont eat back exercise cals. As long as you are in the correct zone for activity, this should be fine for you