Found some inspiration today!

I am working through NROLFW and am about halfway through Stage 2. Since I started going to the gym and beginning this lifting program, I have hardly seen any other women in the free-weights section...and when I do see them, they usually lift one or two sets of Barbie weights and then run back over to the ellipticals...

But today when I got to the gym there was another girl hanging out in the free weights section. As I went through my workout I noticed that she was doing mostly body-weight exercises, but she did do a few moves that looked pretty impressive--like squats on an upside-down bosu ball.

THEN I watched her do three sets of pull-ups without any assistance. It was AWESOME. She just leaped into the air, grabbed the bars, and hoisted herself up for several reps. She also has a tattoo on the inside of one of her biceps (I don't know why, but I think that makes her even more awesome to me). Basically, she is a bada$$ and I think I want to be her when I grow up. :tongue:

This is the first time I have seen her in the gym since I joined, so I don't know if she does much heavy lifting, but she is very toned, focused, and obviously very strong. She was definitely an inspiration for me to keep doing what I'm doing! Maybe someday I will be able to do three sets of pull-ups too. :happy:

Replies

• divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    Isn't it great to see someone you can relate to or aspire to be in the gym! Congrats on being where you are right now!!!

One day someone will be looking at you in the same way, who knows maybe someone already is??? ;D