Mid-journey detox

Options
Today my MF counselor told me that at 12 weeks I will be eligible to do a detox week again. When I did my original detox week before I started eating MF meals, I lost 6 pounds. Has anyone done a mid-journey detox week? What were your results?

Just in case you are curious and didn't do detox when you started Medifast, here's what detox involved for me:

Every day you take the MF detox & appetite suppression supplements plus fiber supplement (like Metamucil)

Days 1&2: Pre-cleanse days eat 3-4 servings fruit, 3-4 servings veggies, & 3-4 servings whole grains plus 2 qts Smart water

Days 3&4: Liquid cleanse days drink 2 qts Smart water plus 2 qts lemonade/maple syrup mixture

Days 5&6: Mini cleanse days eat 3-4 servings fruit, 3-4 servings veggies, 2 MF shakes, & 2 qts Smart water

Day 7 -- Graduation day eat 3-4 servings fruit, 3-4 servings veggies, 3-4 servings whole grains, & 2 MF shakes plus 2 qts Smart water

(FYI no bananas or grapefruit while on cleanse because they will go through you too fast if you know what I mean....)

Replies

• cwade1021
    cwade1021 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Medifast is telling you this?

I've never heard of this at all. I'm curious to ask my health coach about it.... Anyway.

My first week I just did regular 5&1 and lost 8.2lbs. I'm not sure this detox is needed but I guess it wouldn't hurt. My concern would be that it would take you out of fat burning mode and we all know how much it sucks getting into fat burning. I guess it depends on whether you want to go through days 1-3 again (and what that entails).
  • nicolelara
    nicolelara Posts: 22
    Options
    Never heard of this either and I am doing the MF clinics too. I lost 9 my first week, so I am ok. But great if it works for you, keep going!
  • littleredjd
    Options
    The main reason the MF Center I go to encourages people to do it before starting MF, is to allow sufficient time to get your blood draw done and the results reviewed by the Center's supervising doctor. I put a little more info about the process and supplements in my blog:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/littleredjd