Love it when the numbers go up!

LollipopViolet
LollipopViolet Posts: 121 Member
Added 20lbs to my squat today - so 65lb in total now, for around 6 reps before my form went downhill.

Finally got the courage to ask one of the guys in the gym about benching, as I'm not 100% sure about form. He suggested starting with dumbbell bench, and showed me that - although I had to go get smaller dumbbells (12lbers rather than the 20 he did easily!) which was a tad annoying, but as he said, form first, weight second.

Oh, and I tried some new machines, so I'm REALLY feeling it right now!

First time I've ever really made progress with my lifts, I ache, but I feel good right now!

Replies

• blueday617
    blueday617 Posts: 50 Member
    I love that moment too! It makes me feel like all of the hard work and sore muscles were totally worth it! Keep up the good work! :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    what a musclehead you're becoming :laugh:

seriously though i love making progress, even if it's 2.5 pounds

why did he suggest starting with dumbbells?
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Great progress! That DOES make me feel good, I bet you are all pumped aren't ya??
    I've gotten some really good tips from YouTube on proper form so you can go in looking all knowledgeable and smart :) just literally type in like proper benching technique. There'll be vids for you.
    Congrats!!:flowerforyou:
  • LollipopViolet
    LollipopViolet Posts: 121 Member
    meshashesha20, he recommended it as a way to build up my chest as I train alone and it's obviously easier to ditch a set of DB's than it is a bar! It's cool though, if I get the form down, I won't hurt myself when it comes time to bench the bar, hopefully!

And yeah, between this and starting to be able to see and feel my biceps when i move my arms, I'm pretty excited!