Forcing Your Child to be Vegan/Vegetarian.

Options
1212223242527»

Replies

• macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I think we finally agree on something. :drinker: I am actually quite surprised this thread is still going honestly... must be the last-word-itis (as it is called in my family) that is perpetuating this one...
    I was all ready to hear the debate on the diva cup!
  • VegesaurusRex
    VegesaurusRex Posts: 1,018
    Options
    See what I mean. She runs from the issues which SHE HERSELF RAISED. She is very skilled at evading debate, which is, bytheway, a standard technique of Religionists. Don't answer the question, drag the other person into your territory and claim that your answers are no good, without giving any reason.
    Not sure what debate you've been reading, but I easily refuted these claims. You wanted to take me rabbit hole after rabbit hole while you attacked the Catholic church, and made a personal jab at my Jesuit background, called my remarks dumb, and suggested I knew less about "hard core" philosophy than you. I think I proved that false as well. I believe you when you say you're not used to this type of debate. You're probably used to bullying your way in a debate and having your opponent back down because of your claim of authority. I did not do that.

No you have simply run away or changed the subject.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    See what I mean. She runs from the issues which SHE HERSELF RAISED. She is very skilled at evading debate, which is, bytheway, a standard technique of Religionists. Don't answer the question, drag the other person into your territory and claim that your answers are no good, without giving any reason.
    Not sure what debate you've been reading, but I easily refuted these claims. You wanted to take me rabbit hole after rabbit hole while you attacked the Catholic church, and made a personal jab at my Jesuit background, called my remarks dumb, and suggested I knew less about "hard core" philosophy than you. I think I proved that false as well. I believe you when you say you're not used to this type of debate. You're probably used to bullying your way in a debate and having your opponent back down because of your claim of authority. I did not do that.

Pretty sure someone else changed the subject... can we call it a draw and y'all agree to disagree.... because you are seriously beating a dead horse already... and have been for pages.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    I think we finally agree on something. :drinker: I am actually quite surprised this thread is still going honestly... must be the last-word-itis (as it is called in my family) that is perpetuating this one...
    I was all ready to hear the debate on the diva cup!

Personally, I don't think I could do it... though it does sound quite interesting... I am always trying to do things that are less wasteful... though this doesn't seem to be one of those things that appeal to me.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't think I could do it... though it does sound quite interesting... I am always trying to do things that are less wasteful... though this doesn't seem to be one of those things that appeal to me.
    I had never even heard of it until one of my crazy friends made a comment in a thread on it the other day. I don't think I ever would have even tried it!
  • VegesaurusRex
    VegesaurusRex Posts: 1,018
    Options

Pretty sure someone else changed the subject... can we call it a draw and y'all agree to disagree.... because you are seriously beating a dead horse already... and have been for pages.

I was willing to quit when she said she wanted to. I just object to claim to have "won" the argument and to have"refuted" me. I have no intention to insult anyone nor do I want to force anyone to debate a subject they are not willing to debate. However, when I debate, I do expect both sides to take no prisoners and to be honest. I have, by the way received emails from some who have followed this debate and enjoyed it, and not to mention have agreed with me. This is a topic I love to debate but want to do so honestly and seriously. If anyone else wants to pick this up and debate me, I am willing.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I knew I didn't want to know what diva cup is. :sick:

I had heard of them from some ladies I know from Babycenter.... very hippy type of people.... but yeah... unless I am not making enough money anymore to afford sanitary products... I am not using one... though it might be something one could donate to a homeless shelter or a women's outreach group... a poli sci prof told us during a service project of ours that impoverished women will take toilet paper and old panty hose and make a make-shift tampon... doing that they usually end up with toxic shock syndrome though... simply because they don't have the resources...

For sure. It's not the product ITSELF that makes me queasy....tampons, invasive sex toys, etc. all make me queasy. It's almost like a phobia. Even seeing a vibrator makes me feel physically ill.

I'm sure your lives are complete now, knowing that. :laugh:
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    I knew I didn't want to know what diva cup is. :sick:

I had heard of them from some ladies I know from Babycenter.... very hippy type of people.... but yeah... unless I am not making enough money anymore to afford sanitary products... I am not using one... though it might be something one could donate to a homeless shelter or a women's outreach group... a poli sci prof told us during a service project of ours that impoverished women will take toilet paper and old panty hose and make a make-shift tampon... doing that they usually end up with toxic shock syndrome though... simply because they don't have the resources...

For sure. It's not the product ITSELF that makes me queasy....tampons, invasive sex toys, etc. all make me queasy. It's almost like a phobia. Even seeing a vibrator makes me feel physically ill.

I'm sure your lives are complete now, knowing that. :laugh:

:laugh: I think I can die a happy woman now that I know that... :drinker:
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    I have a Mooncup :)
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Great. Now I want to vomit up my dinner.

I'm out of this discussion.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Bye for now :)