I thought this was going to be easy

Options
_TastySnoBalls_
_TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
I've never done a JM workout before, but I thought "20 minutes? no problem" yeah, I just got schooled. How did everybody else day 1 go?

Replies

• mscrumbyy
    mscrumbyy Posts: 116
    Options
    I was the same on my day one, I thought people were exaggerating how hard it would be :laugh:
    This morning was Day 6 for me. It's really getting much easier but the press ups are still killers :grumble:
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I did it last night and was nauseous for about an hour afterwards! Felt great to make it to the end though and I know it will get easier as my body gets used to the work :)
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try that later this morning and see how I feel. I'm not going to workout on the treadmill first, like I did yesterday when I tried it for the first time and I've now got my 3 lb pound weights to go through the whole workout, hopefully. I can really feel my attempted pushups in my shoulders today. I'm betting tomorrow I won't be able to lift my arms, but that will be my rest day of the week.
  • myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I did it last night and was nauseous for about an hour afterwards! Felt great to make it to the end though and I know it will get easier as my body gets used to the work :)

I was a little nauseous, too. What is that all about. I think tomorrow I will do it before I drink my morning cup of coffee and see if that helps.
  • patiblue
    patiblue Posts: 44
    Options
    The VERY first time I did this video I went from couch to 30 day shred. I wanted to cry, I remember gasping for the one minute to be up on jumping jacks and I could barely do 3 pushups! It was so very hard, and I will admit that 2 or 3 days from now your body will entirely hurt from head to toe. I remember kicking my socks to the laundry room because I didn't want to bend over and pick them up. The best thng you can do when you are sore, is drink drink drink water and definately do the video that day I know it hurts, but you will feel better after it's over and not so sore. It's a good hurt and will soon pass at least it did for me after a week or so.

Keep it up friends!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    So where's everybody feeling it after workout 2? I'm hurting mostly in my shoulders and triceps from those pushups and feeling the squats a bit in my thighs.
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options

I was a little nauseous, too. What is that all about. I think tomorrow I will do it before I drink my morning cup of coffee and see if that helps.

This would happend to me the first time I did the DVD. My trick is to eat half a banana or a few bites of yogurt before starting and get in some water. I don't know why this works for me, it just does.
  • kerryjudson
    kerryjudson Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    if it was easy it wouldnt work lol
    I just did day 4 and its getting easier, yesterday was hard going as i was so stiff and ached but as i did the exercise it eased off, so much so i then went down the gym and did a swim for 40 mins so definitely improving my fitness even after a very short time.
  • mmancini73
    mmancini73 Posts: 89
    Options
    I was so sore after day 1...was so scared of what pain day 2 would bring, but I have to say I've been less sore each day. Did day 4 last night and no pain today. Keep going....it doesn't get easier, just more do-able and less painful.

Is anyone having trouble with those front arm lifts with the side lunges? My smallest weights are 5 lbs, so I've been alternating arms instead of doing both at the same time. Is it any easier to do with lighter weights?

Another questions...is anyone doing JM's Killer buns and thighs? I just ordered it...was wondering how it would work in with 30DS...or am I asking for torture?
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Last night was day 3 for me, technically, and it was much easier- and I am barely sore now. My armpits (like right at the edge of my bra where people get the dreaded armpit pudge) are sore and also my inner thighs.
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to EAT before you work out -- at least 30-60 minutes beforehand depending on how much you eat. This will help cut down on the nausea. And HYDRATE!
  • bright_and_shiny
    Options
    Today is Day 3 for me (but I haven't done today's workout yet), and I'm sore all over! Abs, thighs, back, arms - you name it! My cats climbed on me in bed last night and it hurt so much! It's a good pain though - I hate it when I do a workout like the 30DS and I can't feel it the next day - it makes me feel like it didn't do anything. Really wish I didn't have stairs at home, though. :p
  • Mmmporkrinds
    Mmmporkrinds Posts: 192
    Options
    I was so sore after day 1...was so scared of what pain day 2 would bring, but I have to say I've been less sore each day. Did day 4 last night and no pain today. Keep going....it doesn't get easier, just more do-able and less painful.

Is anyone having trouble with those front arm lifts with the side lunges? My smallest weights are 5 lbs, so I've been alternating arms instead of doing both at the same time. Is it any easier to do with lighter weights?

Another questions...is anyone doing JM's Killer buns and thighs? I just ordered it...was wondering how it would work in with 30DS...or am I asking for torture?

Yes those are hard for me too. I can do the first set with 2kg weights but revert to 1.5 for the second set (that's on day 3: on day 1 I couldn't have done that). They are fairly evil.
  • myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    The VERY first time I did this video I went from couch to 30 day shred. I wanted to cry, I remember gasping for the one minute to be up on jumping jacks and I could barely do 3 pushups! It was so very hard, and I will admit that 2 or 3 days from now your body will entirely hurt from head to toe. I remember kicking my socks to the laundry room because I didn't want to bend over and pick them up. The best thng you can do when you are sore, is drink drink drink water and definately do the video that day I know it hurts, but you will feel better after it's over and not so sore. It's a good hurt and will soon pass at least it did for me after a week or so.

Keep it up friends!

This is good to know! I am so sore that I didn't sleep well at all. I took some advil and I will wait a little while but I will do the shred today!! Hoping that the pain subsides soon!
  • korinastern
    Options
    not as sore today I can sit down a little easier now, yesterday standing and sitting were ok but getting down to sit was horrible I dreaded having to go to the bathroom because I had to sit and i was drinking tons of water so it was all day. My thighs are getting much better and I made it through a little easier. My husband is doing this with me and he was making me do squats last night to stretch out my thigh muscles every now and then i think it helped. I was walking seven miles a day before I started this and I thought my legs were pretty strong, I was wrong what a new perspective this is.