Ugh. Feeling discouraged

wa_tracy
wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
I'm at the end of my first cut week and I've gained! I've gone up half a pound! I'm on a 15% cut, and have set myself to 3-5 hour and got those 5 hours in, always making sure to net my BMR on heavy workout days. I have been eating very well, and getting extremely close, if not spot on with my protein. I'm drinking way more than 8 glasses of water each day. I've been doing strength training and c25k (I'm on week 6), and getting walks in on days I'm not running. I have never done things so well on this weight loss journey of mine, and now, I'm not feeling it. I know it takes time. I just took the measuring tape out and if I'm measuring correctly, I have lost 1.5 inches in my waist, almost an inch and a half in my hips, and .5 inch in my thigh (is 1.5 inches in a week even possible...thinking I may be measuring inconsistently) so there's that. I know it's all about the way your body looks and feels and to not be a slave to the scale, but It's taking a lot for my brain to want to keep working this hard when the scale won't move. Sigh.

I've made my diary public.

Replies

• Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    I would look at it as a loss of inches and not feel discouraged. Inches are way more important than weight.
  • It sucks when the scale goes up, especially when you've done all you can to loose! I'd say that half a lb is nothing much to worry about and that inches are definately better. I lost 1 inch on my thighs this week but no weight loss.... so at least its something eh?! Give yourself more time and you should loose (hopefully). Good luck
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Just keep doing it the way you do. Stick to it-the weight will come off eventually.

I know it sucks, if things don't go the way you wish for. But I am sure the scale will budge. And for the beginning it is a nice NSV :)
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Girl, if you're losing inches does it even MATTER what the scale says? I would give anything to see inches come off this body, to have my tiny jeans be getting looser instead of tighter. Size is WAY more important than weight because that's what you have to look at every single time you pass a reflective surface. I'd say you're doing great!