Calories

Options
BrenB150
BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
Just curious at what everyone has their calories set at and their activity level? Mine is on lightly active.. I don't run around all day, but I don't lay in bed all day either and set at losing .5 lbs a week since I am about 10 lbs from goal and so I am not losing as fast.. And it has me at 1600.. S I was just curious about everyone else.. I know everyone is different..

Replies

• arylia
    arylia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have mine on lightly active since I am still on maternity leave. However when I go back to work I might set mine to active. I work as a nurse and am on my feet and moving around, pulling up patients, helping patients to the bathroom for 12 hours. In the description for 'lightly active' it lists nurse... I was like no way am I just lightly active!

Right now at lightly active my calorie goal for the day is 1330. At active it was 1450.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I set my own calories here on MFP, so that I could see my daily/weekly deficit. I set it at my sedentary TDEE, but I never eat that much. I make sure never to eat below my BMR which is 1488. How I tweaked my settings is called "the olivia method." There is a group on here you can search to see what i'm talking about.
  • inverseofmissy
    inverseofmissy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Mine is set to sedentary since I'm a SAHM and honestly I don't feel like I do enough to be considered light active- during school/t-ball though I may bump it up. I think I'm set to either 1.5 or 2lbs/week loss and it gives me 1580 cals/day. Plus I eat my exercise calories when I feel like it.
  • bnrose
    bnrose Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm also a SAHM and set mine to sedentary and have 1200 Cal goal. I'm wondering if that is too low though bc I'm also breastfeeding. I feel like I'm starting to plateau with my weight here recently. I didn't see where MFP suggested a calories goal for me. I joined years ago and set all my info in then. It wasn't until after I just had my last baby that I picked it back up.
  • Kitzey
    Kitzey Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I have mine set to "active" and 1.5lbs a week; with this MFP has me at1400 calories for the week. I am finding it much easier than trying to exercise hard and only eat 1200 calories as I had it to sedentary and 2lbs a week when I first started and that was where it set me. My eating habits are very erratic though and I go somedays really low and other days high but it works out in the end and I'm happy with how things are going and that is what really matters I think. For me this is a lifestyle change and I don't ever want to feel deprived while I'm working towards my goals.
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion is that even if you are a SAHM if you are working out 3-5 days per week you should be at moderate activity. I mean you aren't just sitting on the couch all day right? You are cleaning, taking care of kids, laundry, etc. You actually might be doing more work than I am in my 8 hour/day job! If you do keep it at sedentary, then you should definitely be eating your exercise calories back. That's just my opinion from things I have learned in my Eat More 2 Weigh Less group. I'm currently set at 1900 calories (I don't always hit that) but try not to net below my BMR of 1544. I think I'm averaging about 1600-1700.
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone.. I am def not sitting on the couch all day, so I might relook at things.. But it does have my calories set at 1600 which seems better than the 1200/1300 I was at.. I also agree with one post some days I am low some days I am higher.. But I hope with the shred and eating more I will start noticing more changes than before!!