July 9 - July 15

Options
Here we go!!!!!

Replies

• miniminime456
    Options
    I am nervous but excited by this, I used to 10k run, but a couple of operations later and my physical fitness is nil.

Good Luck all!
  • jsunshine220
    jsunshine220 Posts: 109
    Options
    I am nervous but excited by this, I used to 10k run, but a couple of operations later and my physical fitness is nil.

Good Luck all!

Thanks for joining us miniminime456! Good luck to you as well. Remember to go at your own pace and have fun.

J
  • shoobz
    shoobz Posts: 119
    Options
    Scared! I'm recovering from a stress fracture in my tibia, so I don't know if I'll be able to complete this, but hey - if I don't start I'll never know!
  • rhe280
    rhe280 Posts: 71
    Options
    I have never run before but envy those who do. I have wanted to do c25k but never had the motivation to do it....I think this group is it!
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    Scared! I'm recovering from a stress fracture in my tibia, so I don't know if I'll be able to complete this, but hey - if I don't start I'll never know!

Hi Shoobz and thank you for joining us!!

Wow...a stress fracture in your tibia...please be careful. I do applaud your willingness to try this with us and that is appreciated. Please keep us posted as to how you are coming along. If you have to quit, please let us/me know.

J
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    I have never run before but envy those who do. I have wanted to do c25k but never had the motivation to do it....I think this group is it!

Hi rhe280 and welcome!!

I'm with you. I have never been a runner but have always wanted to and I'm ready!!! I have also heard that running is good for belly fat...so that's extra motivation for me :wink:

I hope that you get the motivation and support you need from this group to meet your goal. I'm excited and am looking forward to completing this.

J
  • Vegadu
    Vegadu Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi! I worked up to a 12K one year and loved running but now will need to ease into it gradually because of the extra pounds. Starting tomorrow is a tough one for me, first because of the heat (I run outdoors) and then because I really wanted to download the files to my phone but can't manage it. Having to check my watch every 60 or 90 seconds might drive me crazy. : ) Can we really really do this?
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    Hi! I worked up to a 12K one year and loved running but now will need to ease into it gradually because of the extra pounds. Starting tomorrow is a tough one for me, first because of the heat (I run outdoors) and then because I really wanted to download the files to my phone but can't manage it. Having to check my watch every 60 or 90 seconds might drive me crazy. : ) Can we really really do this?

Hi! That is awesome that you worked up to a 12K!! Hopefully, I will get there one day.

You do bring up a good point. THE HEAT!! I actually run on a treadmill so I don't anticipate any problems. It's harder for me to run outside or even on an indoor track. In order to do a 5K run in my community, I know I will have to get there but I will have to work up to that. The extra pounds are hard on me as well.

You asked "can we really really do this?" Unfortunately, I cannot answer that for you. Maybe it was a rhetorical question. However, choosing to do this, or any other fitness regimen, is a personal choice. We would love to have you but not at the risk of injury or worse. Anything that we choose to do on MFP is not intended to be a substitute for medical advice from a medical professional.

J
  • Vegadu
    Vegadu Posts: 10
    Options
    Purely rhetorical. Well, it's mind over matter for me, anyway. I'd love to join you!
  • klyssamoore
    klyssamoore Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm new to the group - just joined today. I've lost 40 pounds since starting my journey in August of last year (though I gained 8 pounds back when I took a little break). One of my best friends is a runner and I look forward to the day that we can run a marathon together! I started C25K last week, so I'll be doing Week 2, Day 1 tomorrow..but I'm so excited about finishing it and I'm addicted to running already.

I'm really hoping that becoming a runner (I want to be able to run every single day after C25K is done) will help me lose the last 40 pounds.

First goal? To run the Color Run in Austin in February.
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    Purely rhetorical. Well, it's mind over matter for me, anyway. I'd love to join you!

LOL :smile:

Glad you will join us....but stay out of the heat!!!!
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm new to the group - just joined today. I've lost 40 pounds since starting my journey in August of last year (though I gained 8 pounds back when I took a little break). One of my best friends is a runner and I look forward to the day that we can run a marathon together! I started C25K last week, so I'll be doing Week 2, Day 1 tomorrow..but I'm so excited about finishing it and I'm addicted to running already.

I'm really hoping that becoming a runner (I want to be able to run every single day after C25K is done) will help me lose the last 40 pounds.

Hi. You are right on time!!! Congrats on what you have achieved already!! :flowerforyou:

Glad you decided to join us. Several people here have already started the program. so like I said, you are right on time. Good luck!!!
  • Kelwalks4
    Kelwalks4 Posts: 56 Member
    Options

They have a color run here in August, that I am thinking of doing. I won't be able to run the whole thing, so that is kind of holding me back, but it looks fun!
  • Kelwalks4
    Kelwalks4 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    It's so exciting to have so many people doing this! WOO-HOO!!

If there was a fist pump smiley, I would insert it here!
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    It's so exciting to have so many people doing this! WOO-HOO!!

If there was a fist pump smiley, I would insert it here!

I agree!!!!!
  • caroluherek
    caroluherek Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to get back into jogging on my own for the last few weeks, it's a tough go, I'm hoping joining this group will help keep me motivated.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Thanks for making this group. I was doing C25K and then excuses got in the way of finishing it. I second the fist-pump!
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    I've been trying to get back into jogging on my own for the last few weeks, it's a tough go, I'm hoping joining this group will help keep me motivated.

Hi!! I hope you find enough motivation and support on here to get through your program. I, too, have been trying on my own and ended up quitting. Let's do this together!!!

J
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    Thanks for making this group. I was doing C25K and then excuses got in the way of finishing it. I second the fist-pump!

Glad to have you. NO MORE EXCUSES!!! Hopefully, the motivation and support will keep you focused and moving forward. I think it's time for all of us to conquer this program.....and maybe even move on to the next....a 10K!!

J
  • mommasox
    mommasox Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am so nervous... I hope I can keep up with you guys. :)