Scared to eat at TDEE

sunshine29225
sunshine29225 Posts: 29 Member
My stats are below. I've been eating at Cut Value for three weeks and I'm ready to ease into eating at TDEE to reset my metabolism.

I'm looking for those who can give me their experience with eating at TDEE while resetting their metabolism.

BMR: 1491
TDEE: 2311
Cut Value: 1965

My goals are to reset my metabolism, lose body fat and gain muscle. I'm currently "overweight" according to my BMI (26.2) and would like to move into the healthy BMI range (24.9)

Just looking for any thoughts, experiences, encouragement etc.

Thanks

Replies

• jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    Hi! You posted a couple days ago that in 2 weeks you lost 1.5lbs and 3 inches eating your cut. That's awesome. I say keep doing what you're doing. Why do you think you need to change?
  • sunshine29225
    I think the actual TDEE number is just scaring me. I'm still working on getting over numbers so much I guess.

Just a little anxiety as I move forward. I
  • jaeone
    jaeone Posts: 649 Member
    But I am saying your metabolism is already reacting to your cut. A reset may not be necessary according to your said progress! Keep eating your cut. In my opinion.:)
  • sunshine29225
    I may just stay at cut another three weeks and see how mt body responds. Thanks for responding and helping me determine my path forward! :happy:
  • umi40
    umi40 Posts: 6
    my TDEE says I should eat at 1495. I am really scared, since I cant even reach the 1200 sometimes. I hear you. I have lost a kilo in 5 weeks, but still scared to do this.