Are......YOU......Ready??????

Options
reecie1034
reecie1034 Posts: 58 Member
"People say that losing weight is no walk in the park.  When I hear that I think, yeah, that's the problem." ~Chris Adams

Attention Mission Takers:

Week 1: Day 1 BEGINS tomorrow July 9

Let's get ready to walk our way into a new life of health and fitness. I'm sure that many of us have a common, "priority"goal of weight loss.... But I'm interested in knowing any other noteworthy life changes that you may experience in the course of this challenge ( ie. less stress, happier mood, lower blood pressure, suppressed appetite,etc.).... So please do share :-)

Start at your fitness level and progress as your body adjusts!!!
Remember this is a Monday-Saturday Challenge.... Sunday is YOUR day to Rest and Recuperate!!
I look forward to your feedback :-)

Replies

• Sasha0701
    Sasha0701 Posts: 14
    Options
    this is exciting! I will be walking at night, I always get such clarity from night walking!
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have decided to walk in the park behind my house in the morning before going to work.
    Today was Day 1 and it worked great...only saw 2 people :0)

I was much better at pacing myself through the whole walk...last couple times I see the house at the end and tend to slow down.

Felt great afterward. Can't wait for tomorrow!
  • mom2boys3
    mom2boys3 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this challenge. I have planned on walking the kids to the library this afternoon for their summer kickoff. It's about a 2 mile walk. Should be interesting to see how the kids do. I have already let them know that it is going to be a long walk for them. I am hoping to do it in about 45 minutes, with 8, 7, and 3 year olds.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    DAY 1: DONE !!!

Just finished 1 mile, that is up from .76. It too me 24:46 minutes. I started at 2 mph and got as high as 2.8 mph.

I am going to continue at 1 mile this week increasing my mph and dropping my time.