1/2 cup pineapple
1/2 cup peaches
1/4 cup orange juice
BLENDBLENDBLEND
mmmm

Replies

• shinysparkly
    Options
    I am so not domesticated so I need simple, idiot-proof recipes. My favorite way to cook chicken breasts is sooo easy....
    - Pam spray
    - Boneless skinless chicken breasts
    - Dijon mustard

Spray foil lined cookie sheet with Pam.

Place chicken breasts on sheet.

Spread Dijon mustard on top.

Bake until done (sorry, my oven is wonky & I just turn it up to the highest setting & cook until they're done, i.e. not pink in the middle. If I cook them in the toaster-convection oven, I use 450 degrees for about 20-25 minutes).

I cook up a batch at the beginning of the week, store them individually wrapped in the frig and then just nuke one whenever I want. Along with some brown or basmati rice, it's nummy!
  • lanelese
    lanelese Posts: 9
    Options
    That sounds really good!
  • sarahjoy33
    Options
    Like I mentioned in my other post, I have gone low carb and this is my favorite recipe so far, it is so simple:

Chicken Parmesan with Spinach

2 skinless chicken breasts
    1 package frozen spinach
    1 cup mayonnaise
    1 cup Parmesan cheese
    3/4 Cup Sour Cream
    1 tsp. ground pepper

Poach chicken till slightly done. Cool and cut into bite size pieces. Micro wave frozen spinach till thawed, drain.

Mix Parmesan/mayonnaise/sour cream together. Place chicken and spinach (mixed together) in bottom of 9x12 baking dish. Spread Parmesan/mayonnaise/sour cream mixture on top. Bake uncovered 350 for 35 minutes or till edges are browned. Great for lunch at work if you have a microwave.

(This is the original recipe - I skipped the mayo and added minced garlic and it is DELISH.)

Got it from here -
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?36532-80-Low-Carb-Chicken-Recipes
  • Shine73
    Shine73 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Lately I don't have a lot of time to prepare foods, which is terrible, because it's hard to eat healthy if you don't make time to make your own food so you know what's in it. Anyway, the recipes I usually make time to create are healthy sweet treats that I use to keep my sweet tooth at bay. One such thing is a homemade fruit bar/snack that is a mimic of those Lara brand bars.

First off, they require zero cooking, but do require a food processor or a good quality blender.
    They use dates as a sort of glue, and you go from there and add other dried fruits, raw nuts, and spices to jazz them up. I just toss a handful of this and a handful of that, and if there are more nuts in the mixture than fruit, they become crumbly, so you have to add more dried fruit.

Example:
    about 3/4 cup raw, unsalted cashew pieces
    7 to 8 dates (pits removed)
    10-12 dried apricots (add more if needed)
    3 or 4 pieces of candied ginger (Trader Joe's brand is great as it's uncrystalized & lower sugar)
    1/2 tsp curry powder
    1/4 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
    Start by first tossing in the nuts you want to use, and grind them up to a coarse crumb texture
    Then add all the rest of your fruit/spice ingredients and pulse or run the processor/blender until everything is incorporated and paste-like.

Turn out onto wax paper on a cookie sheet w/ 1/4" sides, and us your hands to press the mixture into a square-ish or rectangular shape about 1/4" thick, and cut into little 1" square bars. Keep bars in wax paper in refrigerator.

Serving size: about 2 squares/pieces.
    Servings per recipe: It varies, but about 10 or so, depending on volume of the ingredients used, and how thin you press them.