did I lose the genetic olympics?

JessLLoser
JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
O.k. I am a master of not losing weight.

2 years ago, I starved myself for 6 weeks. I lost weight.
Then slowly gained up to 10 lbs shy of my original weight over those 2 years.

Now,

did a full reset eating maybe over TDEE for 6 weeks.
3 weeks ago
Went to a 20 % cut.
upped my protein, follow 40,30,30 started weight lifting again.

Lost nothing. It`s not TOM. Some said it`s DOM. So I waited over the weekend when I had two days without lifting. GAINED 2 kg!
Please check my diary. My fat is too high this weekend. But I eat healthier on average than most. Lots of fruits and veg. I used to drink more wine and I cut that down also 3 weeks ago. I`m doing fine at this calorie level, my skin looks better , my hair too. But I am not losing!!! I could have gained 1.2 kg in muscle in 3 weeks. Scientifically possible. I look better in clothes, the loss in measurements is negligible. 3 weeks and too early to tell I think. My clothes fit much better. So NSV aside.

Replies

• rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Jess~ I am going to have to challenge you for the title of Master of Not Losing Weight~ merely because I know I've been at this waaay longer than you!!!:laugh:

Anyway, I took a look at you diary and you are right, it looks great but I have a non-food suggestion for you that may be helpful:
    change out one of your "macros" to include Sodium.

Right now I think you have Carbs, Protein, Fiber, Fat and Sugar~ unless you have a specific reason to include Sugar, I would change that one to Sodium.

Once you do that, set the mg goal to 2400 and do NOT exceed that.

Sodium (salt) has a HUGE effect on our bodies and our weight and may be the source of your issue.

Of course, staying OFF the scale would also be helpful......just sayin......:wink:
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Yeah, I'm married to someone who has genetics on his side. He pretty much eats like he's 18 and gains nothing.
    It is catching up with him though, I'm trying to get him to realize it before he has a heart attack.

I agree about the sodium. I try to keep mine between 1500 - 2400, I got the numbers from The American Heart Assoc. and Centers for disease control. Actually they have a nice article about it, http://www.cdc.gov/Features/dsSodium/
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    That seems to be the consensus, stay off the scale. Even if I weighed in only once a month, I would still be 5lbs up from when I started trying to lose weight in March.

Oh well, now that I think I have the right idea, key word think, because I haven`t had the right macro, cal amount or will power to get me through yet.

I`m going to weigh in at the end of July. But I don`t think I can stand the surprise when I see my weight go up again.

I guess I still just eat too much.
  • sugarplumj
    sugarplumj Posts: 107 Member
    My clothes fit much better. So NSV aside.

Your clothes fit better. Period. That's amazing and it would be enough for me. I am trying so hard to just stay off the scale and measure success by things I feel rather than see. You should be proud of this one!
  • terrigrace
    terrigrace Posts: 199 Member
    you may not be eating too much, it may be too little. have you checked your TDEE numbers lately? With the gain you may actually require a few more calories. Talked to lucia and kiki previously, this seemed to be the advice they gave. the vast majority of people eat too little. and they highly recommend a diet break every 6 to 8 weeks where you eat at maitenance (TDEE) again for couple of weeks. otherwise your body gets used to the lower calorie level and "resets" thinking this is the maximum it will get. Sure, you can lose weight by dropping calories. But every few weeks you have to keep dropping. And at some point , you can't drop much lower. Hang in there! that scale is bound to move.