Strange but true NSV

himel13
himel13 Posts: 146 Member
I have been doing the Reset since the 1st of June and I wanted to share an NSV that really surprised me today!

After being stuck at the same weight since October 2011, stepping on the scale and seeing the same weight every day really demotivated me. To the point where I felt like crying every morning. But I found that this morning when I stepped on the scale and saw that I am more or less the same weight, I was EXCITED! Excited about a PLATEAU..now thats a new one!

I was excited because I know that I have eaten as much as I want for the last few weeks and only gained the initial few pounds and then maintained from there. Excited because I know that I am going to cut calories from the 1st of August and see a change. I can feel it. And I'm not going to starve in the process!

Its such a relief to weigh the same when eating at nearly 2000 calories a day as opposed to depriving myself and still not seeing any changes.

Thought I'd share this for those who are unsure of the process. The mental change is the biggest part..but when it happens, the feeling is really great!

Replies

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    I agree - it's such a great feeling! Way to go!
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    I am so glad to hear your story this morning! I still do not understand the process completely, so I am still on the fence, as some say. Do you exercise more than before? Do I have to be that athletic so many times a week?:smile:
  • himel13
    I am so glad to hear your story this morning! I still do not understand the process completely, so I am still on the fence, as some say. Do you exercise more than before? Do I have to be that athletic so many times a week?:smile:

I don't exercise much..I plan to every day, but I just can't always manage. I try to at least get in 3 days a week though. But I'm still maintaining, so my body must not mind the increase in calories much! Are you doing the Reset? If not, I'd definitely give it a go! I'll let you know how things go after I make the cut!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    That is great news for you!!! I love hearing about how well people are doing during the reset and it sounds like you have an Awesome attitude about it....The mental part (for me) was the hardest part and it sounds like you have a wonderful way of thinking about this!!!

I can't wait until you start your CUT and you can give us updates on your progress then as well!!

Thanks for sharing b/c I know hearing this will help quite a few people feel inspired!! :flowerforyou:
  • himel13
    That is great news for you!!! I love hearing about how well people are doing during the reset and it sounds like you have an Awesome attitude about it....The mental part (for me) was the hardest part and it sounds like you have a wonderful way of thinking about this!!!

I can't wait until you start your CUT and you can give us updates on your progress then as well!!

Thanks for sharing b/c I know hearing this will help quite a few people feel inspired!! :flowerforyou:

Thanks! I'm really trying to be positive about this! I've learned that obsessing about weight gain does absolutely nothing for me..so having an action plan and KNOWING that its not right to torture myself with low cal is motivation for me to get moving rather than slugging around! I will definitely let you all know how the cut goes! :flowerforyou:
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    That's great news ;)
    Isn't it great that you can actually eat to the point of feeling ful, but not overeating. Having energy to workout?
    You'll see, things will be fine :)
    I started my reset also on June 1st:)
    Few more weeks, then it's tie to cut
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    What an awesome attitude! You are an inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing this with us! I need as many stories like these as possible on a day like today.
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Thats great! I cant wait to step on the scale and feel the same way as you do :) Its inspirational