30's Daily - 7/9

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)
Emily (emom3boys)
Randy (Randyamc)
Sandra (Leeloominai01)
Toni (Themoodys13)
Corey (coreyisaacs)
Joe (misterbigg36)
Dee (Dedee36)
Ruby (RubytOU)

Replies

• ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good weekend! Things are finally getting back to normal for me now that I'm done moving. No more packing and cleaning, yay! The new place is even pretty much organized. Now that this is all done I can't wait to get back into the next stage of NROL4W, guess it really was the stress that was making me not want to continue with it.

So I had quite a good NSV this weekend. I was at a wine tasting with some friends and one of them commented to me that she had just bought the skirt she was wearing three weeks ago and now she was having to pin it in because she has lost weight. So the NSV, she said the reason she lost weight was because of me! She said seeing how toned my arms were when I wore out a tank top a few weeks before had motivated her to get in the gym and start working out. It just feels really good to have a positive impact on someone like that without even knowing it.

At any rate, hope everyone's week is off to a good start.
  • shorty313
    Options
    I'm back from the weekend spent potty training! I'd call it a success, though he's still not perfect we won't be going back to diapers for daytime :bigsmile:

We had company Sat and Sun and man did I go over on Saturday! Pina coladas are a killer! :drinker: Plus they brought brownies, my weakness. We had such fun though so I'm ok with it. It seems I'm only up 1lb from last week, which may not even be real due to TOM. Yay!

I'm glad the heat wave has broken, finally!
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting settled Elli. We moved into our house a year ago and I still have boxes in the garage. At this point, I just want to donate them because obviously we didn't need anything in them.

And great job on the potty training Debbie. We've been using pullups only at night and when we leave the house until the logic hit me that Jordison is holding it when we are away too - so now it's a pull up at night time. Such a big step for these little guys!
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday All,
    Gland to hear you are all settled in Elli!
    Debbie – Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!!!

I had a pretty good weekend. I didn't get in my run but went kayaking for a few hours on Saturday and a 30 mile bike ride on Sunday so I figure I got my cardio in.

The goal this week is to find some tasty recipes lol
  • Dedee36
    Dedee36 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

@ellie78.... Glad your all moved in and gave someone the motivation to get fit!
    @ shorty313.... WOO HOO!!! good job at the PT!!

I have the... "I have to go back to work after vacation blues"... The thing is I want to go to work and see what I missed. I like my job, my coworkers and the residents are so sweet and I miss them . BUT.............I didn't get all I wanted done this past week. :sad: I want a couple more day!!!! Which is so silly since I work 2-10:30 in the evening and I have tomorrow off.

Sorry for the rambling on..... I'm a DORK! :tongue:

SO I weighed yesterday... 0.5 lbs gone and my waist is noticeably smaller. My jelly belly is my biggest problem.I am very happy!! :happy:
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hiya gang, hope every one's OK out there in the world. I see a lot of good stuff that makes me smile today. Like Ellie and her fab NSV. Debs and her weekend that sounded like a blast. Plus everyone loves potty training and moving house right?

I wish I had all sorts of fun positive stuff to talk about but today has been lousy. Members of staff not bothering to turn up for work. Way to much work to do and not enough hours in the day. Then to add insult to injury a delivery of poorly fish that have spent all evening slowly dying one by one. I've been having to go to and from work every couple of hours. At least my exercise minutes will be off to a good start this week. As for my hours of sleep, not so good. I think I'm going to add more sleep to my weekly goals. My weight remains a sticky topic between my fiance and I. She wants me to put back on about 15 lbs and I'm really struggling to deal with that. As for now the scales have been retired and I'm concentrating on my work outs and my endurance training for 3 peaks. Plus keeping my calories under 2500 per day and keeping my fat numbers low. The only way i can justify it in my head weight gain wise is to gain muscle. I'm trying hard and yes I'm seeing results but it's a long journey and I'm not going down the steroid route. Right I'd better get some sleep. have a good day folks and stay positive :-).
  • shorty313
    Options
    Paul - just keep following the same path, you are doing good things for your body by training AND feeding it. Don't be afraid to eat fats though, your brain needs them!
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hiya gang, hope every one's OK out there in the world. I see a lot of good stuff that makes me smile today. Like Ellie and her fab NSV. Debs and her weekend that sounded like a blast. Plus everyone loves potty training and moving house right?

I wish I had all sorts of fun positive stuff to talk about but today has been lousy. Members of staff not bothering to turn up for work. Way to much work to do and not enough hours in the day. Then to add insult to injury a delivery of poorly fish that have spent all evening slowly dying one by one. I've been having to go to and from work every couple of hours. At least my exercise minutes will be off to a good start this week. As for my hours of sleep, not so good. I think I'm going to add more sleep to my weekly goals. My weight remains a sticky topic between my fiance and I. She wants me to put back on about 15 lbs and I'm really struggling to deal with that. As for now the scales have been retired and I'm concentrating on my work outs and my endurance training for 3 peaks. Plus keeping my calories under 2500 per day and keeping my fat numbers low. The only way i can justify it in my head weight gain wise is to gain muscle. I'm trying hard and yes I'm seeing results but it's a long journey and I'm not going down the steroid route. Right I'd better get some sleep. have a good day folks and stay positive :-).

Yep, tons of protein and more strength training, less cardio. It's hard to wrap your mind around it at first, but you will love the results you see in your body. :)
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Thank you Debbie and Sonya. I'm going to stick on my current path and see what happens. I have been seeing some good results from strength training and keeping my cardio to a minimum in the gym. I do have fat in my diet although it tends to come from good healthy sources like eggs, fish and olives. I'm trying to find a balance right now in both my diet and the mental side. Once again this support group makes such a positive difference :-).