I need friends who lift!

Options
libby555
libby555 Posts: 43 Member
I have been doing NROWL for a couple of months and I really need some support from people who are lifting and eating more than 1200 cal a day. I am feeling a bit discouraged as the scale isn't moving very much and I could use the advice of others trying to loose weight and gain muscle. I have logged in for 130 days in a row and work out 4-6 days a week. I would love to see how others are accomplishing their goals! I just decreased my daily calorie intake to 1500 from 1750 (and eat back most of my exercise calories) to see if this will push me down some but am unsure if this is a good idea. My diary is open to friends only so if you are experienced and have been successful please feel free to send me a friend request and message some advice to me! Thanks!

Replies

• jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request.
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Sending you a request
  • DoctorKyrina
    DoctorKyrina Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I'm relatively new to lifting, but I love the idea of having more lifting friends :)

(I eat 2050 and 2330 calories per day... total - not net. I really recommend following the formula in the book)
  • libby555
    Options
    Thanks for adding me ladies!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'll send you an invite too. I started NROLFW in April, and just started stage 3 today, but even though weight loss is slow, I love the changes I can see & feel, even when the scale doesn't show them. I've also noticed that the scale holds tight while I'm lifting, but when I take my rest week(s), that's when I see a 1-3 lb. drop.

When I started, I weighed 190 (after losing 6.5 lb. doing a month of all cardio when I first joined the gym), and at the end of stage 2, I weighed 187. I just took a 2 week vacation, and while not worrying about macronutrient ratios (translation: I ate a lot of carbs!), calories (eaten or burned), but walking a lot, I dropped another 1.5 lb. to weigh in yesterday & today at 185.5, but I feel a lot stronger, and I've lost 1" at the smallest part of my middle, 1" off my waist at the belly button, and 2" off my hips/butt. :)
  • TheGsMama
    TheGsMama Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Added you.
  • worthyofchange
    worthyofchange Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Added you too!
  • zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    sent you a friend request! :)
  • libby555
    Options
    Awesome ladies! Thanks!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I'm in maintenance mode and on stage 7, but i'm always happy to have more lifting friends who actually eat!
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I just started NROL4W last week! Add me if you'd like!
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Yay! Anyone can add me, too. Let us have big calorie goals and BIG BODY composition change goals in common! yay!
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Adding you too!
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Hey, Libby, I'll add you. I'm in S4. Cheers!
    Amanda

p.s. Anyone feel free to add me. Love having lifters on my list!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I added you :smile:
    I'm starting stage 3 next week.
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Oh! Me too! On the lookout for more lifting buddies (bonus if you also run/bike!) :-)
    Slowly working my way through the stages, halfway through Stage 2 now.
  • roxie629
    roxie629 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ill add you! I need friends and support also :)
  • libby555
    Options
    Yay! I have some great friends now! Thanks ladies!