Getting Started

Hi All,

I started counting calories, eating healthier and working out back in May this year. I am 5' 7" and my start weight at the time was 239.9 which was down from 245 about 6 months before. I am now 215 as of last week but I have done this by eating the 1200 calories per day that MFP told me... with the exception of a couple cheat days per week where I was allowing myself a little more but usually less than 1800 still.

Anyhow after about a month of eating like that my energy really tanked. I increased my caloreis to target around 1400 per day with cheat days still in there.

I think I am still eating too few calories some days. I am not at an all out plateau but my weigh loss has definitely stalled. My question is that to do the eat more to lose do I need to do the 6-8 week reset or can I go into eating my TDEE minus my burn amount?

My calculations give me a BMR of 1725 and a TDEE of 2372 with working out 3 x per week or 2070 with sedentary.

so I do work out at least the 3 times per week so am I better to take the 2372 and subtract 15%?

I have been on vacation this week and eating in the 1700 range so it will be interesting to see if this week had a negative impact overall.

Thanks for any help you can be!

Replies

• hjackson1226
    hjackson1226 Posts: 124 Member
    bump...I am in the same boat and I am curious to see what others have to say. I went from 232 to 202 in about 5 months working out 3 times a week and eating net 1200 or less. Well life happened and the gym schedule decreased. Stayed within the 12-1300 net calorie range and have gained back up to the 213-215 range.

I am thinking EM2WL is what I need to try.
  • Bump :)
  • Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    Welcome! To answer your question,

"so I do work out at least the 3 times per week so am I better to take the 2372 and subtract 15%? "

yes, that is exactly what you want to do! You didn't spend much time at the 1200 cal diet, so I think starting there is a good option. If you find that in 6-8 weeks, you don't see any positive results in inches or weight, then perhaps a shorter diet break will help of 2 - 4 weeks (kind of a mini-reset) or you can just jump in to a full reset if you want.

Another good thing (and I'd do this first actually) is to take a one week diet break now and then go back into your tdee -15% cut.

Either way is ok...just make sure you read through the stickies so that you know what to expect ok?