A week on a cut...

wa_tracy
wa_tracy Posts: 110 Member
I just finished my first week on a cut. I had some dissapointments as I saw the scale go up half a pound, but today, it's back down to where I started. I'm sure it's because I've upped my strength training to go along with the cut and my muscles have been sore. It's been hard mentally to accept this fact about weight training, but I did lose an inch around my waist and half an inch around my hips, so I'm focussing on that positive. I'm feeling all around stronger, as I'm been doing EM2WL for a month now, and I swear I can see a little definition in my arms as I flex. I just have to keep reminding myself that slow and steady wins the race. Yes I could go back to netting 1200-1300 calories, but then I'd be unhappy and just gain it all back and then some, like I've done for the past 8 years. This lifestyle change is as much about the mind as it is about the body. That's the biggest lesson I've learned so far.

Replies

• Zylayna
    Zylayna Posts: 728 Member
    Awesome that you are losing inches!!! Inches lost look and feel better than scale loss weight in most cases!! Keep it up...the scale will cooperate soon, you'll see! :drinker:
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    I agree-even if the scale is not budging yet-the direction is the right one