HRM question

Options
PatriceMG
PatriceMG Posts: 232 Member
Can you tell me the best HRM to purchase (without paying an arm & a leg!)? I looked at one without the chest strap but i couldn't get a reading on the watch sensors. I'd like to get one that I can sync via bluetooth to my c25k app which I suspect means you use the chest strap. I want to be able to track my calories burned more accurately. Any ideas?

Replies

• jsunshine220
    jsunshine220 Posts: 109
    Options
    Hi Patrice.

I purchased the Polar FT40 and I love it. It was right at, or a little over, $100 I believe. Hopefully, other people will post a response as well as their may be some cheaper ones out there that work just as well.

Please note, not all HRM's calculate calories burned. Before I bought the FT40, I had another Polar that I had bought a long time ago. I was thinking I could use that but it was an older model and didn't have that feature so I went and bought the FT 40. The one I have has the chest strap. I would have to look at my manual to see if it has the bluetooth feature..

J
  • ASeaton76
    ASeaton76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also have the Polar FT4 and I love it. I didn't think I would like the chest strap but it doesn't bother me at all. I tried several cheaper versions that just had the finger sensor/button on the top and never could get a reading. Cheaper isn't always better.

I found my HRM on amazon.com for the best price even including shipping. I looked around the on the Polar website to see what the options were and then shopped it online... I paid less than $80 total and it was worth every penny!

Good luck!
  • writinwater
    Options
    Hiya,

You have to have a strap - the rest of them are rubbish! Honestly, it's never bothered me. It sits just under my bra strap so sometimes I forget it's even there until I get home and have a shower! The worst part is putting it on - it's cold! :)

I have a Garmin FR60 (a present from my awesome supportive boyfriend!). It tells you calories burned and connects to your computer via bluetooth and a usb stick. It logs it all on the garmin website though, so I'm not sure how you'd get it to work with other programs. You can read the manual on their website though.

I just enter the total calories burned and the time into MFP manually of an evening.