Epidural Lumbar Injections

Options
pamelazee
pamelazee Posts: 45 Member
I go for my first injection on Friday. Anyone with experience have tips?

I will go for two rounds. If they don't work, then I'm a surgical candidate for my L5 herniated disk.

Replies

• MamaJilldo
    MamaJilldo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wish you could have the surgery without the injections! I feel amazing and I had such a quick recovery! They're just masking the problem. I hope it works for you of course!!! Didn't mean to be negative, I want you to feel good!
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    just stay calm. you won't feel much of anything. you will probably start off in a room where they check your vitals and such. then they will bring you to a room that looks like an operating room. the actual procedure itself only takes about 5 minutes.. take some motrin afterwards and use ice on the injection site if it is painful. goodluck and friend me if you would like!!
    B
  • socaljackie
    socaljackie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had them , until they stopped working, but when they worked I was pain free.. Good luck. I'm pretty much out of all conservative treatments, and now looking into surgery
  • pamelazee
    pamelazee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking of the surgery. Since I'm still fairly young, I would like to get the problem taken care of for good. They are also going to try something else with the injection where they use a non medication solution to try and "blow" some of the debris off the nerve bundle. They say it is basically like the surgery without the knife. Have any of you had that done?
  • socaljackie
    socaljackie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking of the surgery. Since I'm still fairly young, I would like to get the problem taken care of for good. They are also going to try something else with the injection where they use a non medication solution to try and "blow" some of the debris off the nerve bundle. They say it is basically like the surgery without the knife. Have any of you had that done?

What is it called? I have had a procedure where they burned the nerves, also what is wrong with your back?