Upped my NET intake... Now I'm always hungry!! :huh:

I'm starving... ALL THE TIME. I was eating way below the calorie count that I should have been (1200 while working out, netting around 500-700) for a long time. I was losing weight, but always tired, and then got stuck at a major plateau. After coming on here and researching and reading, I found that my problem was I wasn't eating enough (hopefully). I then took a break from exercising, and upped my cals to NET nothing less than 1550, but now I am STARVING all the time!! I have read that this can happen, but I am getting concerned because I feel insatiable and I worry I will overeat do to pure hunger. Has anyone has this happen that can offer some advice and/or comforting words on how you dealt with it? I am eating plenty of veggies and fruits as well as protein. Help! :huh:

Replies

• maltipink
    maltipink Posts: 147 Member
    I totally understand what you are going through. It sounds to me like your metabolism is reving up as a result of the additional calories you have added. Hunger is a good thing! Have you determined what your actual TDEE is? Your body might be telling you that it needs more fuel than you have given it in the past. Typically when on a VLCD, you end up netting a very small amount of calories. Your body learns to survive on that but it is not healthy. Your body holds on to every calorie you eat. This is why it is so hard to lose when eating so little.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    I totally understand what you are going through. It sounds to me like your metabolism is reving up as a result of the additional calories you have added. Hunger is a good thing! Have you determined what your actual TDEE is? Your body might be telling you that it needs more fuel than you have given it in the past. Typically when on a VLCD, you end up netting a very small amount of calories. Your body learns to survive on that but it is not healthy. Your body holds on to every calorie you eat. This is why it is so hard to lose when eating so little.

Yup, pretty much this. I would use the calculators to determine your BMR and your TDEE first to see what you should be eating. I have a feeling 1550 is still too low for you. The hunger is a good sign. Its proof your body needs more energy and it is thanking you for feeding it.. Keep it up!! It does eventually settle down and you dont get those feelings of hunger after a few days.

Keep going!!
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    As many people will say, you have unleashed the metabolism monster and now it wants feeding...lol:laugh:
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    I'm on week five of my full reset and I'm STILL starving all day every day. I never dreamed 2000 calories/day wouldn't make me puking full, but it doesn't. I could probably eat another 1000 before I actually felt full. Its crazy.
  • Saelina
    Saelina Posts: 129 Member
    I'm starving... ALL THE TIME. I was eating way below the calorie count that I should have been (1200 while working out, netting around 500-700) for a long time. I was losing weight, but always tired, and then got stuck at a major plateau. After coming on here and researching and reading, I found that my problem was I wasn't eating enough (hopefully). I then took a break from exercising, and upped my cals to NET nothing less than 1550, but now I am STARVING all the time!! I have read that this can happen, but I am getting concerned because I feel insatiable and I worry I will overeat do to pure hunger. Has anyone has this happen that can offer some advice and/or comforting words on how you dealt with it? I am eating plenty of veggies and fruits as well as protein. Help! :huh:

How are your macros? Are you targetting 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat? I found the protein helps tremendously with keeping you full longer