Change calorie intake this week?

bethad5
bethad5 Posts: 176 Member
hi all- I'm currently starting week 5 of the reset eating full TDEE of 2655 for 5-6 hours of strenuous activity. I usually do 5 hour-long cardio sessions at the gym (elliptical, arc trainer, last week I did the bike and remembered why I hate biking ;)) so, with 5 minute cool down, get about 5 hours and 25 minutes of formal exercise a week.

this week we're moving - from third floor to third floor with no elevator. so i've spent pretty large chunks of time both yesterday and today packing boxes, carrying them downstairs to the car, upstairs to the new place... i didn't make it to the gym this morning and was going to go tonight but i'm wiped from moving all day. i know it's still early in the week, and i may be able to fit in 4 more gym days, but right now just the thought of it exhausts me!

so- should i eat a little less than TDEE this week? or make sure i make it to the gym 4 more days (i went yesterday)? or... does moving count for at least one gym session??

i don't want to overeat, but i don't want to burn myself out. what would you do?

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Got a feeling the moving experience has been your "gym exercise" (and then some). You would surprised how much you burn doing the move. Just leave your calories the same, continue to eat your TDEE.
    Hope you like the new place!:flowerforyou:
  • Daphnemomof9
    Daphnemomof9 Posts: 113 Member
    I concur. I don't feel that formal exercise is the only kind of exercise that counts. You were running up and down stairs, that would be the stairmaster. How much time did you spend doing that? I don't do any formal exercise, I mow, split wood, haul mulch and clean our farm. My TDEE is 2800 and that is determined from a fitbit. I figure that I burn more than that because some things I do are more than walking, but I don't put my HRM on for everything. Just my 2 cents.
  • bethad5
    bethad5 Posts: 176 Member
    so should I not go to the gym 4 more days this week and assume moving counted for at least one or two of those 'formal' sessions? the last thing i want to do is work out too much and get my body all confused
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    You might want to do one day later this week, unless you still feel wiped out. Unless you want a break (it's a good idea to do every 8-12 weeks). This allows your body to recoup both muscle and neurons.
    When I moved (by myself) 2 years ago, I was wiped out for a good week and burned a bunch of calories, but still went for short walks (15-20 min) just to keep from getting sore.