What's the big deal about bacon?

Options
jessalon
jessalon Posts: 12 Member
I hear bacon mentioned a lot in the paleo community. Is it a running joke or something?

And I guess there's a lot of stances on red meat consumption too right?

Totally didn't see the discussion below. I'm sorry about that.

Replies

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I think it's more a joke than anything. It's one of those things that the low-fat people go on about as "heart attack on a plate" and a food to be avoided. So it's fun to joke about being on a diet that more or less allows bacon.
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Also because bacon is AWESOME. It's like heaven on a plate.
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    It's the only food item I can think of that works well as a garnish, appetizer, breakfast, desert, main course, sandwich topping... Um pretty much everything.

Plus it is the best place to get homemade bacon grease.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    It's the only food item I can think of that works well as a garnish, appetizer, breakfast, desert, main course, sandwich topping... Um pretty much everything.

+10

Couldn't have said it better!
  • spirit80
    spirit80 Posts: 327 Member
    Options

+10

Couldn't have said it better!

Ditto
  • Jindra12
    Jindra12 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I hear bacon mentioned a lot in the paleo community. Is it a running joke or something?

And I guess there's a lot of stances on red meat consumption too right?

Totally didn't see the discussion below. I'm sorry about that.

Bacon helped me to lose my weight with a big result. It increased my strength, improved my responsive in movement, thinking much more clearer, and it tastes so darn good!

Be careful with what bacons you are getting. Go see the bacon I am getting and it has low salt in it.