Weekly Challenge: July 9 - 15

Options
Pick a level. Set a goal. How much exercise can you get in this week?

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- *NEW* "You Are What You Eat" (Rotating Monthly Challenge/RMC July) This month's challenge is to try and identify the most important nutritional challenge you face. Are you good all day but then can't stop snacking at night? Is lack of planning interfering with your diet? Are you planning too strictly and then finding yourself melting down on Saturdays? This week you can earn a ✓ by your name on the results list if you select a nutritional goal and meet it! Take long hard look at food journals and set a goal that makes you healthier and happier.

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

Results

Fitness Elites:
★ Paul ✓
Corey

Fitness Buffs:
Toni ✓
Sonya✓

Fitness Enthusiasts :
Sara Grace
Jill
Debbie

Honorable Mentions
★Sandra✓

Replies

• SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Pick a level. Set a goal. How much exercise can you get in this week?

- Fitness Enthusiasts (Beginners): Log 110 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Buffs (Intermediate): Log 235 minutes of exercise

- Fitness Elites (Advanced): Log 360 minutes of exercise

- "You Are What You Eat" (Rotating Monthly Challenge/RMC July) This month's challenge is to try and identify the most important nutritional challenge you face. Are you good all day but then can't stop snacking at night? Is lack of planning interfering with your diet? Are you planning too strictly and then finding yourself melting down on Saturdays? This week you can earn a ✓ by your name on the results list if you select a nutritional goal and meet it! Take long hard look at food journals and set a goal that makes you healthier and happier.

- Pick a personal goal for this week! Let us know what it is and how you did. I'll add a little ★ in front of your name on the leader board if you get it.

So what are your weekly goals? Are you going to be an Enthusiast, Buff, or Elite?

To report in at the end of the week, please fill out this little "form." Thanks!!

Exercise Minutes:
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was)
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?)
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5)
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Showing Up is Half the Battle

Here is our current "Showing Up is Half the Battle" leader board (i.e. most consecutive log ins).
    Sonya - 305 days
    Debbie - 145 days
    Paul - 115 days
    Jill - 80 days
    Sandra - 5 days

**You'll need to report in each Sunday or Monday to be included in the leader board. Let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. I will be updating your numbers in increments of 5 for simplicity's sake.

If you would like to be added to the log in board let me know you most recent official recognition from the site. We will update as we go! Good luck everyone!
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    Sorry I flaked on this today! On the other hand, my house is very clean and lovely. Tally the results tomorrow morning.

SG
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm going for enthusiast, again. With the programme alone I should make it this week!

I'm eating too much fat, so my goal is to cut back on the total fat in my diet; it's the one subsection I always seem to go over :blushing:

My personal goal, again, is to stick to my running programme. I have to run at night after the children are in bed and I think just doing that alone is a goal in itself!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Buff for me again.

eating challenge - be more aware/strict about sodium consumption

personal goal - stick to my 5-mile training program
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Time to get back at it! I will be going for the buff this week.
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: Going to be a "rest" week for me, so probably only enthusiest this week.
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was) - Was on vacation last week and ate like it. Going to stay on point with calories this week.
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?) More protein. I rarely make it to my 130g a day.
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    I'm going for Elite again this week and I'm hoping for 600 minutes plus. My variety is a strange one. it's concentrating on getting my hours of sleep in. It's something I really need to work on.
    Hope to get a hike in on Friday night although how long I manage before the weather closes in remains to be seen. Then again I have the waterproofs and I shouldn't be afraid of the weather.
  • SaraGrace82
    Options
    NOTICE

The rotating monthly challenge has changed! :-) Each month, in the first full week of that month, please be on the look out for a new challenge. Just a quick public service announcement.

Cheers!
  • coreyisaacs
    Options
    Going to shoot for Elite again this week. I'm trying some different routines, which are shorter, but are more high intensity. Tried one on Monday and felt like there were people living in my lungs with tiki torches.
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    Well I didn't report in for last weeks challenge. I have been hit or miss MIA these last two weeks.
    This week I am going for the big daddy. My personal goal is a burn of 3500 calories. My food goal is to make it one day where I stay within my carb range and do not go over!!!
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    Hey all!

Well so far this week as of Wednesday, I have logged 135 minutes of exercise! Much better than last week. I did my first day of swimming for the summer and swam for an hr! My arms are really sore today! I really enjoyed the change up in my work out and plan on swimming on every day off, weather permitting! :)
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 267 minutes (over 2200 calories burned this week! woo hoo!)
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was) yes, I changed up my work out like I planned!
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?) yes, I started swimming :)
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5) 85 days

This week consisted of swimming, dog walking, elliptical...Overall good week in general! :)
  • sonyachan
    sonyachan Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 295....ended up getting more than usual on my rest week. We went for a long hike yesterday.
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was) - Only one day that I didn't stay on point with calories this week. I consider it a success. :)
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?) More protein. I rarely make it to my 130g a day. Still a work in progress but I have tried to get it up there.
    Days logged: 315.
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    :bigsmile: I am happy to report in this week..even with being on vacation for 4 days I do believe I kicked some butt...I have not gotte not he scale to see if I hopefully broke my plateu but I did meet all of my goals this week. Here are the results:
    Minutes exercised: 832
    Personal goal: yes it was to burn 3500 calories and I burned 3694
    Spice of filing goal: yes I killed it!! It was to be under on my carbs one day of the week ad I think I stayed under 4/7 days this week
    Days logged: today I am at 135

:bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • coreyisaacs
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 336

I didn't get as much as I wanted this week, but I started incorporating weight training, and I feel really good about that.

Days Logged In: 28

I've also changed to a higher protein lower carb diet, so we'll see how that goes for the next week.
  • Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Exercise minutes: 119 (I log according to the calories on MFP, and then it comes up with the time so the actual time on MFP and IRL will differ). So I made my goal as enthusiast.

My fat consumption reduced significantly over the last 7 days, so I made that goal. (nutritional)

And I completed my running programme exactly as per schedule!

Days logged in: 15 in a row
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    failed on my exercise, only 175 minutes.

up to 180 days logged.
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 240, just squeaked by my buff goal
    Personal Goal: (yes or no & remind us what it was) yes, kept on the run training program
    "You are what you eat" (RMC): (yes or no & if yes, what did you do?) I did great 6 out of 7 days with sodium
    Days logged in: (rounded down to the nearest 5) 155
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Exercise Minutes: 660 minutes for 4998 calories burnt
    Personal Goal: Yes, to get over 600 minutes exercise. i only just dragged myself over the line by going for a hike last night.
    "Variety is the Spice of Life" (RMC): No, I will have to work on getting more sleep as it's been a problem for me for a while,
    Days logged in: 120

Last week was not a good week for me and I'm a day behind on my strength training. So this week my personal goal will be to log over 600 minutes as usual but to get in 4 gym sessions. Plus one hike as training for 3 Peaks. If i get my focus sorted it should be doable. For variety I'm going to stick with the more sleep. Maybe I can look at it like exercise minutes. OK that sounds good. I'm going to aim for over 50 hours of sleep this week and see how I get on. What would I do without MFP and the good people within :-).