High BMR and Low TDEE

sweettoothfairy
sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
Okay, i am totally confused, can somebody help me out.. I have a BMR of 1800 calories... i burn 76-78 cals per hour while sleeping.. but because of my extremely sedentary lifestyle coupled with 1-3 hr workout/week, my TDEE for a week's worth of data is 2250 with an average exercise calorie burn of 250 cals 5 days/week .. if i make 15% cut from 2250, my cals consumption is around 1950..
My Questions are:
1. Am i not suppose to increase my exercise burn of 150 (1950-1800)?
2 If i stick to 150 calorie burn in a workout my TDEE turns out even low... yesterday i did exercise burning 150 cals, my TDEE turned out to be 2190 (BMF reading).

What should be my calorie intake, should i stick to 250 calorie burn workout or try and stay active and get my burn from active lifestyle so as toreach 2250-2300??

Any help is appreciated.

Replies

• sweettoothfairy
    no response..anyone?
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    What are your stats? Age, weight and height?
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Sorry - I cannot even understand what you are asking. I use scooby calorie calculator so if my activity level changes, my TDEE changes. I have read that you should aim for consistency. You figure one TDEE that encompasses all of your exercise for the week so you do not vary it daily. I would see how the BMF compares to Scooby and follow what they say using the BMF numbers. So if Scooby had TDEE as 2000 but BMF really has it at 200 calories lower then adjust the cut that Scooby gives you by 200 calories. If your exercise takes you below your BMR, eat back calories so that you net your BMR. As HeidiHoMom said - if you gives stats including your activity level - we can run them through Scooby and give you your cut number. What level of exercise fits with your life? Do that. If it is "activity" more than "traditional exercise"- so be it. The EM2WL philsophy seems to encourage strength training as well as aerobic exercise. I am no expert or moderator- just hate to see you hanging because your question is awfully confusing.
  • sweettoothfairy
    What are your stats? Age, weight and height?

I am 5'5".. 202 pounds and gonna be 30 nxt month and according to stats from BMF, my BMR is at 1800. My liffestly is completely sedentary and i m doing jillian michaels body revolution thats 30 mins for 5 days
  • crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Consistency is key... if your average TDEE is 2250 then eat 1950 consistently until your AVERAGE TDEE changes according to your BMF. Don't worry about your daily burn just keep and eye on your average.

If you exercise a bit more on one day, say 250 calories in one day, eat back 100 of those calories on that day to make sure you net your BMR.

If you try to increase your exercise you will find a larger margin more comfortable to manage and easier to keep consistent. Or you could drop your cut to 10% (225) and your intake goal would be 2025... That allows you to consistently exercise up to 225 calories a day without worrying that you are near your BMR.

Either way you are on a healthy path toward success without starving :)
  • sweettoothfairy
    Consistency is key... if your average TDEE is 2250 then eat 1950 consistently until your AVERAGE TDEE changes according to your BMF. Don't worry about your daily burn just keep and eye on your average.

If you exercise a bit more on one day, say 250 calories in one day, eat back 100 of those calories on that day to make sure you net your BMR.

If you try to increase your exercise you will find a larger margin more comfortable to manage and easier to keep consistent. Or you could drop your cut to 10% (225) and your intake goal would be 2025... That allows you to consistently exercise up to 225 calories a day without worrying that you are near your BMR.

Thanks, that makes sense, also i read on this very group, somebody (A BMF user) follows previous day burn data to make 15% cut, and it seems to be working for him.. Planning to give it a shot.
  • crystalwelshroberts
    Check out the consistency video in the stickies...

For the first few weeks of doing EM2WL I ate based on daily burn and exercise. I would NOT recommend that unless you consistently eat and burn the same. Your body needs to know it is getting the same level of fuel each day to let go of fat. That is why an average TDEE is calculated.

It is recommended to keep your intake consistent for 2 weeks or more until you need to adjust. It is an experiment in getting to know your own metabolism but you need a couple of weeks to create a track record before changing anything up.
  • crystalwelshroberts
    Check this out:

Why should I eat the same every day? What happens if I go on vacation/my activity level drops for that week? Should I eat less? What if I get sick.......Reasons why staying consistent is so important in the beginning.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6j43Y-EIss
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oa7kZxp2EU&feature=plcp
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Scooby hasTDEE at 2079 BMR at 1512 and TDEE-15% as 1767. If your BMF has your real TDEE at 2250, your BMR is 1683. So never eat below 1683 and aim for (TDEE-15% )1912. Eat back exercise only if it takes you below 1683 or BMR.
  • sweettoothfairy
    Check this out:

Why should I eat the same every day? What happens if I go on vacation/my activity level drops for that week? Should I eat less? What if I get sick.......Reasons why staying consistent is so important in the beginning.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6j43Y-EIss
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Oa7kZxp2EU&feature=plcp

Thank you, will read them right now :))