30's Daily - 7/10

Options
Leeloominai01
Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)
Emily (emom3boys)
Randy (Randyamc)
Sandra (Leeloominai01)
Toni (Themoodys13)
Corey (coreyisaacs)
Joe (misterbigg36)
Dee (Dedee36)
Tawnya (RubytOU)

Replies

• Leeloominai01
    Leeloominai01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I made it!! I actually did my scheduled run last night. The kids were being, well, toddlers, and when I eventually got them to bed I fell asleep for about 20 minutes as well, but I got up and got ready for the run. When I got to the treadmill the emergency cord was gone and I spent 15 minutes looking for it (found it in the toy box :explode: ) but I found it and was able to complete my scheduled run. No running today and we have book club tonight so I suspect I'm going to go over my alloted calories for the day. Maybe I'll walk at work for 30 minutes over lunch just to get a few calories credit!

Debbie glad the PT went well, or kind well anyway!

Ellie must feel great to be done with the moving and be such a motivation for someone? Debbie's been my motivation :wink:

Paul I've also decided to go the 'natural' route and applaud you for not trying out steroids - it's the right thing to do!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work staying motivated Sandra! Most people would have thrown in the towel at that point!

I have to report for jury duty this afternoon. I'm bringing my kindle and look forward to getting some reading done as I wait for selection or dismissal :smile:

The scale was kind this morning, I appear to be down a lb since last Tues, but won't record until my normal weigh in day Friday. Looks like I might finally break this plateau!
  • Dedee36
    Dedee36 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had a crazy night at work last night. Had a new admit with dementia and Oh, wow!!! It was a very busy evening. It's always hard for them to adjust to new surrounding and then sundowners hit and it all flies apart. If you have about 10 of them it gets real interesting FAST! :noway: When I got home I was exhasted I took a shower, sat on the couch watched tv and then dragged myself to bed.:yawn: So glad I have today off..... I need the rest!

So, now I have to go back and finish my diary for yesterday. Didn't do so hot and I should have just walked away from the goodies at work and ate my fiber bar. I wanted to lose 10lbs for the month of July but I think that may be too far fetched...:frown: Especially whent he first week I only lost .5...
  • rubytOU
    rubytOU Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    afternoon - my actual name is Tawnya not Ruby (RubytOU) :)

Back on track after the weekend. Wow the weekends derail me quickly. I need structure. Hope you all are staying on track. Getting up at 345 tomorrow morning to get my workout in before work. gotta love those days.... they just Drag and drag.
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sorry Tawnya, that's what happens when you ASSume :embarassed:
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    :
    Paul I've also decided to go the 'natural' route and applaud you for not trying out steroids - it's the right thing to do!

My poor mother makes me laugh as she made me promise I would bulk up like old school Arnie. I have neither the time nor the income required to get that big. Besides to use anything bar protein shakes would feel like cheating to me. I have to do this honestly for my own sanity. So what's everyone been up to?

Sandra my folks have similar problems with the remote controls for my dads entertainment system when my niece is visiting. Found one in the toilet the other day which caused much grumbling!
    Debbie enjoy jury duty, hope you get a juicy case and not mail fraud or something. And i hope that Deedee and Ruby can get onto the road their aiming for asap.

Well my day was fairly bearable I think. Plenty of work to do plus I got my cycling in to and from home and work. I'm on nights again this week so I'll be cycling about 7 miles a day. Off to the gym later for a session on my biceps and back with my trainer. Plus we're having a chat about how things are going. I'm so lucky to have a trainer that gives a crap and we've become good friends. Definitely be inviting her to my wedding. Still dealing with my increased calorie intake. i feel so much better for it but it's strange to be dealing with no longer losing weight. Seeing the scale drop feels so good. To see it sit takes some getting used to but i have to do this or else I'll get sick again. Just wish my brain wasn't such a complicated mess some days.

Anyway have a good day gang and keep up the good work.
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Well I'm still struggling to get in some exercise this week! I went out for dinner last night, although I think we ordered pretty healthy food all considered. One of my cats had teeth surgery today and they said I should monitor him tonight so I'm also not making to the gym today! I think I can make it tomorrow, but I'm almost wondering if I should just get up and go for a quick run instead, at least it would be something!

Good for you for sticking with it, Paul. It sounds like you have a really great support system, I'm sure you've heard it a million times but just try not to get hung up on the number, its about your health!
  • coreyisaacs
    Options
    Tawnya getting up at 3:45; that is some dedication there. I get up at 5, and I still struggle with that, especially when I don't feel I've gotten enough sleep.

I don't mind going out to get something to eat, but something my wife and I discussed last night was that it is way more satisfying to build the meal and enter it rather than search a select various resturants. That doesn't stop us from eating out (had Chick-fil-a this evening), but we avoid the fried stuff and sodas. I don't think I ever realized just how devastating a combo meal can be to your calories until I actually saw it.

Shouldn't have too much a problem getting my workouts in this week. I'm also on the last leg of grad school and finding it more and more difficult to get started on writing my papers. So the workouts help to relieve some stress.

Paul - Awesome decision to go the natural route. With all of the attention given to PED's, glad to see you have a great support structure and a solid set of values.
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Thanks so much to Corey and Ellie for your kind words. I'm very much in this for the long haul and I remind myself constantly, there's plenty of time. I have pondered sticking a note on the fridge. I have a great team backing me up who may not agree on everything but have my best interests at heart. One has the knowledge and the know how the other knows the kind of person I am and how best do deal with me :wink:. I have to do this right though. Have never been afraid of hard work and I enjoy the challenge.

I like to eat out from time to time Corey. It continues to amaze me how much is on the food database. Hope you can get some exercise in Ellie and that your cat's OK :smile: