Quick question to make sure I'm reading this right...

Options
I just started yesterday. I did Stage 1 Workout 1 Workout A, today I'll do Stage 1 Workout 1 Workout B. When do I switch to Workout 2? Next week?

Replies

• TheGsMama
    TheGsMama Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You should alternate A & B on your lifting days. I lift 3 times a week. This week is:
    Sun-A
    Mon-Rest
    Tues-B
    Wed-Rest
    Thurs-A
    Fri-Rest
    Sat-Cardio

Next week
    Sun-B
    Mon-Rest
    Tues-A
    Wed-Rest
    Thurs-B
    Fri-Rest
    Sat-Cardio

Hope that helps ;)
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    NO. If you work out 2x a week, you still need to AT LEAST have one day off between 1A and 1B (48 hour rest).
    So, if you worked out yesterday with 1A, then Wednesday (or later in the week) 1B. If you do 2 work outs a week you will only be doing 1A and 1B once a week.
    If you want to work out 3x a week then: M/W/F or T/T/S...and alternate A&B (M1A, W1B, F1A, next week M1B, W1A, F1B).
    :flowerforyou:
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Ok, I re read it again & think I got it. Thanks ladies!! How pertinent is it that I have a day or rest in between? My husband and I work opposite schedules and I'd like to go with him when he is off. Like yesterday & today...but I won't go tomorrow. Is it going to ok if I do a couple back to back days every few weeks? We are on opposite schedules, he works 5 on 3 off, I work 4 on 2 off. So all in all we only get 3 days off that overlap a month.

I plan on sticking to 3 x a week routine...though my days & hour of day may vary.

I doubt it would totally screw up my body but I am also a beginner & could use some insight.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    see page 126 NROLFW...
  • RUNN3Rmom
    Options
    I am reading this on my iPad so my pages don't correspond with the pages in the book. Thanks anyway! I will probably just arrange this around my schedule and work around my back to back days with additional rest.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    It's pretty important not to work the same group back to back. You bring a much higher risk for injury, and gains will be limited due to the fact that you're not giving enough repair time.

why not just opt for cardio when you go with the hubs?
  • RUNN3Rmom
    Options
    Thanks! I definetly feel better today than I did the other day when I doubled up. I guess I was no as confident w/out my husband b/c the worry of form, etc (he is a heavy lifter). But, now that I have gone a few times I feel much better :)

Thanks for the advice. I'm excited to keep it up!!