Hi all :) I'm sorta new and looking for new friends.

Options
adry20
adry20 Posts: 82 Member
I joined this group a few weeks ago but I'm just now making myself be more active on MFP. I am a clean eater and I'm looking for some new friends to support each other :)

Replies

• rlee3787
    rlee3787 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I would love some more support as well. In theory all eating plans seem so simple. Then once you go back into the real world, things get more complicated. My issue is that I have a great diet while I am at home, but when I am out of the house(class etc) it is very hard for me to resist temptation sometimes.
  • LiveforChange
    LiveforChange Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I barely join this group I would love to have support and motivation to eat cleaner
  • lafresita
    lafresita Posts: 27
    Options
    Feel free to add me :-) I have been eating pretty clean for a while now, and am about to kick it upa notch by going dairy/gluten/soy free and low fructose due to all sorts of auto immune issues that I've recently been diagnosed with... Always looking or more clean eating friends and support!
  • Anna1763
    Anna1763 Posts: 5
    Options
    In the same boat, feel free to add me as well. I just started using MFP again after being absent awhile, but I've never used the Friends function before. I think it would be a great source of motivation!
  • returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I've just started trying to Eat Clean and would be happy to have some clean eating friends.
  • shoesalwaysfit
    shoesalwaysfit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi - new here as well. Can anyone tell me what exactly "clean eating" is? I have been reading this term all over these boards and I must admit that I am kind of clueless. Is it just eating healthy?
  • LiveforChange
    LiveforChange Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    IM reading tosco reno eating clean recharged and it can wxplain and more information than you do know love this book
  • returntorural
    returntorural Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    My understanding of clean eating is that you aim to eat the most wholesome and natural foods possible. Avoid over-processed foods (white flour, white rice, junk food), and eat food in its most natural state. Focus on lean proteins, fruits, veg, grains and healthy fats.
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am also clean eating. I'm down 17.5lbs since I started clean eating and exercising 6 months ago.

You can read my blog here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/WendyFitMom

Anyone on here can add me as a friend. I love motivating others towards a healthier lifestyle and love getting new tips and ideas from you.
  • enliven_mal
    enliven_mal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined MFP today. I have been eating (mostly) clean since January, but got married in May and 'celebrated' for 6 weeks. Now I am paying for it, and am trying to get back on board. I am hoping that with MFP + Tosca Reno's guidelines and Jamie Eason's workouts, I will be able to get my life back together - maybe even better than before. Looking forward to the support. Feel free to add me as a friend. I am not even sure what it will do, but add away :)

Remember - we have to eat clean, and train dirty.
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not new to MFP, but I am new to this group. I have all the intentions on eatting clean, but sometimes have a cookie or something. My goal is to get to completely clean eatting with nothing else. Right now I am focused on eatting more vegetables, fruits and lean meats.

I'm always open to new friends, and I believe that it's better to have something in common so we can help support each other :)
  • schmittie01
    schmittie01 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I love this website and etc but on the weekends i fail at logging in on the weekends. I'm up for new friends and support! i as well am trying to eat more veggies and etc. I've been pretty good at doing that. Weekends are my free times even though i should keep on going clean on those days.. but summer time and beer is amazing =o)
  • 23Rin
    23Rin Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm just starting today! Request sent! :)
  • msstuard
    msstuard Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    welcome, I sent a request, I've been trying to eat cleaner for about 4 months, currently cutting way back on Dairy maybe completly.
  • tammies00
    tammies00 Posts: 16
    Options
    I just started clen eating also. I am looking for some friends too.
  • Nu_Journee
    Nu_Journee Posts: 29
    Options
    I want to learn to eat clean so badly. I think my best bet is to start with small weekly goals and build up. My family is not very supportive of clean eating. This is my first time looking into this group and will gladly be supportive to others with the goal of clean eating.
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I joined yesterday and am looking for friends as well as eating clean tips. I for the most part try not to eat anything processed, w/ antibiotics, hormones etc.. My issue is when I not at home and can't prepare my own meals.