Been here 6 weeks looking for some help/support/assurance

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all of your continuous support and helpful information it's been great! I'm pretty sold on EM2WL but I'm having some difficult moments after about 6 or so weeks in and want to make sure I'm on the right track and see if others have some tips. Sorry if this get rambly:

First my numbers for those of you into that sort of thing:
SW: 197
GW: 175 (I want to eventually go lower, but it seems too daunting to think further than 175)
H: 5'5
TDEE (scooby): 2342
BMR:1703
Cut (15%):1990

In terms of exercise I'm not great at it. I said lightly active because I live in Manhattan and walk at least 30 minutes a few times a week. I also will sometimes sporadically do yoga or a jillian michaels video. I want to get into NROLFW but I'm unemployed and can't afford weights just yet (but I had an interview today so maybe that will change!) I wouldn't say my diet is totally clean or anything, but usually I eat my veggies and avoid hyrdrogenated oils, and since starting this journey I've gotten way better about my protein intake. As a vegetarian I have a hard time reaching 30% but with the help of some protein powder I'm now from 10% protein to 20% or so, although it varies week to week.

I know I'm not doing all that I could, but I am trying! I've had a few NSVs, and last week I *THOUGHT* I had lost 2 pounds after a month at cut, then I stupidly looked at another scale and it says I'm 2 lbs above where I started! Out of some shame I haven't entered it into MFP...and I gotta hope it was a fluke or something.

I never did the VLCD thing. I tried a week of eating at 1500, and failed miserably at it, so I don't think I've ever spent any significant amount of time (more than a day here and there) eating below BMR. I did weight watchers two years ago and had some small successes, but at my weight I doubt it ever amounted to a very low cal diet. Right now I don't do perfectly with my eating, but I very rarely eat below BMR or above TDEE and I just feel at my weight I should have had more success by now. Not necessarily big losses, but definitely not gains!

Anyway I know this is so long winded, but what do you guys think? Am I eating too much? Should I do a reset? Am I doing ok and should just stop stressing because 6 weeks isn't enough time? I've been obese as long as I can remember, and I just want to get out of that category. Part of me wonders if because of my weight I should try to lower my cals until I get closer to goal and then do a reset. But honestly I love eating so much I doubt I could do that.

Replies

• PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    I recalculated your numbers:

23y.o. female, 65 inches, 197 lbs.

BMR: 1650
    TDEE: 2270
    15% cut: 1930

consistency is the key both with diet and exercise...if the only exercise you can afford is walking then program it into your day.
    In the mean time, check out craigs list in your area under free items. I picked up most of my equipment (over time) for little to nothing. Also you can make weights out of empty plastic containers-1 gallon of water=8 lbs!

Good Luck!:flowerforyou:
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    You could also do a DVD like the shred where you don't really need heavy weights, just a couple 5-10 lbs weights (or use cans for the weights).

Or just do other exercises that don't require weights but use your own body weight (situps, pushups, squats and lunges (you can make them increasingly difficult which can be the same as adding heavy weights e.g. one legged lunges).
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    You could also do a DVD like the shred where you don't really need heavy weights, just a couple 5-10 lbs weights (or use cans for the weights).

Or just do other exercises that don't require weights but use your own body weight (situps, pushups, squats and lunges (you can make them increasingly difficult which can be the same as adding heavy weights e.g. one legged lunges).

oh yeah, forgot about this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZuzkaLight

she uses NO weights...lots of different workouts to choose from!