Introduction and Chapter One

Options
graceinbreath
graceinbreath Posts: 49 Member
I am just getting started on this book and so far I am enjoying it so much! I think the introduction really grabbed my attention and it won't let go! I am ready to begin putting these basic principles to work for me when I walk... unfortunately I have been swamped with work adn wasn't able to walk yesterday or today but I am planning a really long walk tomorrow morning to start employing the first technique. For convenience I will list the Five Step Process Here:
Step 1: Get Aligned
Step 2: Engage your Core
Step 3: Create balance
Step 4. Make a Choice
Step 5: Move Forward
I love how Dreyer (the Author) reminds the reader already that this is a process that happens in a spiral - meaning it repeats iteself endlessly while always climbing upwards to new heights! I love the idea that Chi-Walking can just get better and better and I already see how the five Step Process can be applied to lots of other things in life.
If anyone is interested - I also started a Group about another book that I am reading at the same time (yeah, I always do that!) called The Willpower Instinct Group - and we are reading through and applying the principles in the book by the same name, written by McGonigal. I am super intrigued by how these two texts tie together in very unique and interesting ways. As we progress in our Chi-Walking practice perhaps we will also progress in our Willpower improvement efforts through meditation and deeper breathing? Who knows? I can certainly hope and try, right?
Please join the other group too if you are also intrigued and like to read more than one book at a time....
Also, please post your thoughts about the introduction and chapter one or about the five step process...
again soon,
~C

Replies

• tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Hello! The other book sounds interesting too! I will have to look into it. I just don't know when I will get a chance to read it. In a few weeks maybe.