Should I change my Activity level

Options
TonyaBtrfly
TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
I have had my exercise level set at moderate. I am thinking i need to change it to light. I do 30 minutes on the elliptical 4 times a week. I cook dinner 7 days a week, normal house cleaning. I have an office job but im up and down quite a bit. grocery shopping once a week. thats all the exercise i get. what do you all think?

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I have had my exercise level set at moderate. I am thinking i need to change it to light. I do 30 minutes on the elliptical 4 times a week. I cook dinner 7 days a week, normal house cleaning. I have an office job but im up and down quite a bit. grocery shopping once a week. thats all the exercise i get. what do you all think?

I would do light.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

Stick with moderate for at least a month before changing things.
    Remember you need to adapt!
  • TonyaBtrfly
    Options
    I've been doing it at moderate for 5 weeks. Saw an initial loss of 5lbs. lost 12.75 inches overall. but haven't budged on the scale since the 2nd week. and im not losing inches anymore. I was all revved up when i started intending to exercise 6 days a week. But now life is happening and reality is set in and im actually only doing the 4 days a week of cardio, which for me is huge because I was not exercising at all!!!!! So anyway that's why im questioning whether or not i should change it to light. Im leaning that way. It gets very frustrating when you have 50 lbs to lose and the stupid scale wont move! Thanks for the help!
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    I've been doing it at moderate for 5 weeks. Saw an initial loss of 5lbs. lost 12.75 inches overall. but haven't budged on the scale since the 2nd week. and im not losing inches anymore. I was all revved up when i started intending to exercise 6 days a week. But now life is happening and reality is set in and im actually only doing the 4 days a week of cardio, which for me is huge because I was not exercising at all!!!!! So anyway that's why im questioning whether or not i should change it to light. Im leaning that way. It gets very frustrating when you have 50 lbs to lose and the stupid scale wont move! Thanks for the help!
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/01/how-to-deal-with-water-retention-part.html
    http://www.leangains.com/2010/01/how-to-deal-with-water-retention-part_28.html

Cardio isnt the answer to fat loss...kinda.
    You need weights and you need to pick them up and put them down.
    Cardio is just another way of cutting calories....kinda....
    Tell you what...you lift some weights in a beginners program then go for a walk after each session.
    The lifting oxidizes the fat from the cells and the walking mobilizes it away from the cell.
    That will work.
    The cardio only thing wont work.
    Just skip a 200 calorie snack a day and sleep in!
  • TonyaBtrfly
    Options
    I have a mesh sling holding in my bladder and am not supposed to lift more than 10 pounds.Ever. I've asked the doctor several times several different ways. I can do some body weight excercises but thats it. If i dont do cardio then there will be no exercising. Since i've been using the elliptical my back has stopped hurting and my knees feel good too. I'm sure some exercise is better than continuing to live a completely sedentary life plus cardio is good for heart and lungs and since im an ex smoker that has become important to me.
  • TonyaBtrfly
    Options
    Ive been eating at 2000 i am gonna move it down to 1800 and see how it goes. My BMR is 1504 and tdee -15% at light is 1758.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    Gotcha!
    I understand!
    Just dont overdo the cardio.
    TBH its really good for cardiovascular strength.
    Walking burns just as much and you arent killing yourself and adding stress to an already stressed body.
    =D