day 3 keep on walking !

Options
completed day 3 this am still heavy rain here so did 4 miles on treadmill at maximum incline! Hard going but worth it! good luck to everyone else.:happy:

Replies

• DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I've completed day 3 as well.
    Thought I was doing better, but the stats don't lie.
  • mom2boys3
    mom2boys3 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I did my 2 mile walk this morning. Feeling good and glad I did it.
  • reecie1034
    reecie1034 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Day 3 and 2 more miles behind me... I am feeling really good!! It didn't rain here this morning... We have been getting evening showers the past couple of days... I hope this evening ISN'T any different... I LOVE the rain!!! :love:
  • shelldes
    shelldes Posts: 7
    Options
    Got my day3 walk in early today. Took a different route that involved two steep hills - I was dripping by the end. Thank goodness for the samba and soca music to keep me moving. Think I'll go back to the no incline walking route tomorrow. Found two handy online tools for finding/planning walking routes.

http://www.mapmywalk.com/

http://www.geodistance.com/
  • shelldes
    shelldes Posts: 7
    Options
    Just keep moving- you're doing great!
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Day 3 and 2 more miles behind me... I am feeling really good!! It didn't rain here this morning... We have been getting evening showers the past couple of days... I hope this evening ISN'T any different... I LOVE the rain!!! :love:
    The smell of fresh rain is the best ever!
    Unfortunately we are in a drought here...even just declared so bad as a state of emergency.
    No snow, no ground water :0(
  • JamieD185
    JamieD185 Posts: 5
    Options
    Day 3 is really my 1st day.
    I'm behind.
    But I just decided to jump into it today, with encouragement from my new friend reecie1034. Thank YOU!!! Big hugs.

I walked 58 minutes at a brisk pace all around the very large park across from my home. I walked another o.5 miles at a leasurely pace, because I had to get home..LOL.

Keep up the good work ladies! I'll keep following your examples.
  • reecie1034
    Options
    Got my day3 walk in early today. Took a different route that involved two steep hills - I was dripping by the end. Thank goodness for the samba and soca music to keep me moving. Think I'll go back to the no incline walking route tomorrow. Found two handy online tools for finding/planning walking routes.

http://www.mapmywal
    http://www.geodistance.com/
    Ooooo Weeeee walking on walking up steep inclines.... That is a GREAT workout, but I bet it was intense.... I Love those Interval walks like that.... Great challenge :-)
  • reecie1034
    Options
    Day 3 is really my 1st day.
    I'm behind.
    But I just decided to jump into it today, with encouragement from my new friend reecie1034. Thank YOU!!! Big hugs.

I walked 58 minutes at a brisk pace all around the very large park across from my home. I walked another o.5 miles at a leasurely pace, because I had to get home..LOL.

Keep up the good work ladies! I'll keep following your examples.
    OMG.... WAY TO GO JAMIE... You Go Girl!!!! I'm really proud of you!!!
    But most of all you should be PROUD of urself...
    We are looking forward to hearing about your progress tomorrow :-)
    Girl.... We are Bringing Sexy BACK ;-)
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Day 3 DONE !!!

Today I ventured away from the treadmill and since I was not sure of the distance I increased the time to a full hour, actually it was a little more but I am only logging an hour. I feel satisfied that I got a mile completed.
  • tinyjaz
    tinyjaz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Another 2 miles on the treadmill, 'rolling hills'. Hope to venture outdoors on the weekend!
  • shaylan_
    shaylan_ Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I did about 1.6 miles today! .6 walking to and from the library (bonus: half of that walk was enhanced by toting about 20 books back home), and then a mile on the treadmill after dinner. 3.5-4% incline is what I'm sticking with. It's not getting easier just yet, but I know it will soon!
  • reecie1034
    Options
    I did about 1.6 miles today! .6 walking to and from the library (bonus: half of that walk was enhanced by toting about 20 books back home), and then a mile on the treadmill after dinner. 3.5-4% incline is what I'm sticking with. It's not getting easier just yet, but I know it will soon!
    Great Job Shaylan..... U r doing wonderful, especially walking home with all those books in hand..
    It's interesting to see creative ways that people get their walking in through the course of their day... Keep up the good work :-)
  • toniarandall
    toniarandall Posts: 111
    Options
    Day 3 walking complete for me. I walked 2.5 miles today because I wanted to make it home to watch "Do You Think You Can Dance". I love that show. I walked around 2.8-3 mph today for 60 minutes. I really feel great and looking forward to pushing myself tommorrow. Have a great night everyone.