quirks

Options
shammxo
shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
I was watching Sex and the City because I'm single and lonely (don't judge me). They were talking about how people who are single develop quirks or weird little behaviors that upon getting into a relationship, they feel embarrassed about or don't want to share with their partners. i.e: Every night before bed, Charlotte pulls out a magnifying mirror and inspects her pores.

Do you have any? Just curious...

Replies

• poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Does talking to my dog like he's human count?? However I'm not embarrassed about it.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I knit while whatching T.V. However I am also not embarresed by it. Infact did it while FWB was sitting on the couch with me on sunday... I make blankets lol. Thats the only thing I can make though
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I'm totally a "talk to the animals" kind of girl...love me, love my pets (or at least tolerate them).

No one has taken me up on that offer yet tho. :huh:
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I never open my mail the day it comes, I usually just throw it on the table and open it when I get around to it like once a week.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Does talking to my dog like he's human count?? However I'm not embarrassed about it.

I'm the same way.

A lot of people think I should be embarrassed by my unabashed love affair with bad 80s-90's music. But screw that, it's awesome and I'm proud of it.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I put my hair up in a very unattractive bun!! A bun that sleeping partners would never see!! :blushing: :laugh:

There are a few unsexy night clothes too, and lets not talk about magic knickers!!!! :laugh:
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

Well, you need to be embarrassed, so come up with something on topic Jimbo!! :bigsmile:

:wink:
  • bruintamer
    bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    LOL. Charlotte pulls out a magnifying mirror...I might pull out a vibrator or something...but might be too shy and unnecessary to do that with a partner around. That's just me and my nightly brain bath time.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I think I've developed some quirks the longer I've lived alone. I definitely get the talking to the dog thing. We hold whole conversations! I had a friend who lived with me while building her house, so it opened my eyes about things I do that I would have to adapt if there was another person there...

My personal list:

I am particular about how the dishwasher is loaded... and I'm not joking! I used to reload it after my friend would do it. I never said anything because I knew it was my issue, and I appreciated having someone around who did their share, but it drove me crazy, haha..

I had to stop eating food right out of the fridge. I don't think I realized how many times I took a drink from the carton and put it back! I know that would gross some people out.

Most embarassingly, I don't think I realized how much I walked around bare@ssed, haha....my neighbors must get quite the show since I'm in a townhome, but I'm comfortable alone!! Suddenly I had to wear pants when my friend moved in... though maybe it wouldn't be an issue if it was a guy :bigsmile:
  • Roadie2000
    Options
    I think I've developed some quirks the longer I've lived alone. I definitely get the talking to the dog thing. We hold whole conversations! I had a friend who lived with me while building her house, so it opened my eyes about things I do that I would have to adapt if there was another person there...

My personal list:

I am particular about how the dishwasher is loaded... and I'm not joking! I used to reload it after my friend would do it. I never said anything because I knew it was my issue, and I appreciated having someone around who did their share, but it drove me crazy, haha..

I had to stop eating food right out of the fridge. I don't think I realized how many times I took a drink from the carton and put it back! I know that would gross some people out.

Most embarassingly, I don't think I realized how much I walked around bare@ssed, haha....my neighbors must get quite the show since I'm in a townhome, but I'm comfortable alone!! Suddenly I had to wear pants when my friend moved in... though maybe it wouldn't be an issue if it was a guy :bigsmile:
    I'm right there with you. I hardly ever wear anything other than boxers when I'm at home in the summer. I also hate when people put silverware int he dishwasher with the handles down, and when someone puts the toilet paper on the roll backwards.

Sometimes I have full blown arguments with my dog.
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    There are a few unsexy night clothes too, and lets not talk about magic knickers!!!! :laugh:
    [/quote]

Come on Anna, Now I have to ask about the magic knickers????
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    I always have to drive, I cannot stand to let other people drive or not know where I am going. Even if someone else knows where we are going and can give directions I have to look at a map and see the route in my mind before we leave the house if I don't know where I am going.
  • AnnaPixie
    Options

I think you guys call them spandex? BIG knickers that hold you in a bit??? :bigsmile:
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options

I think you guys call them spandex? BIG knickers that hold you in a bit??? :bigsmile:

Oh ok. I get it now. :wink:

I am a baby, I cant even handle control top pantyhose, Good thing I have changed the lifestyle huh? LOL
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I hardly ever wear anything other than boxers when I'm at home in the summer. I also hate when people put silverware int he dishwasher with the handles down, and when someone puts the toilet paper on the roll backwards.

Sometimes I have full blown arguments with my dog.

It drove me CRAZY for handles to be down for silverwear, haha! The toilet paper one I almost listed but was afraid we'd all start a debate... BUT the end of the roll DOES go over the top, not below. No arguments allowed on that one...

I hope you don't let the dog win too often!
    There are a few unsexy night clothes too, and lets not talk about magic knickers!!!!

I know I have more than a few things that I'd probably burn if someone else saw me in them. I have a special drawer for the things worth showing off :bigsmile:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I hide my teddy bear.
  • bruintamer
    bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
    Options

HAHAHAH, I just had a mental replay of that one scene from Bridget Jones Diary with her and her granny panties
  • Moyzilla
    Moyzilla Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I never open my mail the day it comes, I usually just throw it on the table and open it when I get around to it like once a week.

Once a week? I'm more like once a month. It's bad!

Along with the not wearing much around the house, I never close the bathroom door. I'm not a "do your business" with the door open type if there's anyone else in the house but, it still seems foreign closing the door since I'm used to having the place to myself.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

Along with the not wearing much around the house, I never close the bathroom door. I'm not a "do your business" with the door open type if there's anyone else in the house but, it still seems foreign closing the door since I'm used to having the place to myself.

I have a hard time even going to the mail box to get my mail much less read it.
  • Roadie2000
    Options

I actually always close the bathroom door even though I live by myself. I don't know why I bother, I guess I just don't like when the dog stares at me while I try to do my business.