Need help: When do you take your thyroid medication?

Options
2»

Replies

• MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I take Levothyroxine at 5:30 am when I first wake up, then I go for a run, walk to work and eat breakfast. I'm not hungry when I first get up so it doesn't bother me that much.
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I've switched to taking mine between 4-5 am now. Plenty of time for an empty stomach & no need to wait on my coffee when I get up at 6 am... perfect. (I get up naturally at that time)... :blushing:
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I've taken to keeping my pill bottle next to my bed and taking the meds as soon as I wake up -these days usually between 9 and 10- and then wait forever to eat my first meal, let's say after 1 pm, but usually between 2-3. It's not something I do on purpose, I just never eat breakfast.
  • ALCandy
    ALCandy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hate to tell you this but I take mine in the morning. It is in a daily meds container on my nightstand with a glass of water. I set my alarm and when it goes off I take my meds. I may get up or I may go back to sleep, it depends on my day. But since it usually takes me about an hour to get dressed and all, I find that this has worked ok for me. :drinker: