Healthy snack ideas

Options
Anyone have some easy healthy snacks you like to keep around the house so you can just grab it quickly?

Replies

• Greenify13
    Options
    Oh gosh, we usually keep a stock of apples, oranges and the like on hand all the time. Not only for us but the toddlers as well. And yogurt...but I'm not the biggest fan of it right now!
  • evilsnugglybunny
    Options
    lol I can only handle so much yogurt myself...but my hubby freakin scarfs that crap down..im not a fan of apples for some reason..i need to get over it though..i usually can only handle eating like half an apple
  • LC2281
    LC2281 Posts: 8
    Options
    I keep protein bars handy also for a quick snack. I eat the nature valley protein bars with 10 grams of protein. I probably should find an even healthier alternative, but it gives me my chocolate fix when I need it!
  • marinal26
    marinal26 Posts: 8
    Options
    This one takes a little prep time, but not too much. Dice half of an avocado. Mix with the same amount of salsa. Use as a dip for baby carrots. It's yummy!
  • marinal26
    marinal26 Posts: 8
    Options
    We also buy a big bag of almonds from Costco and roast them in the oven for 15 minutes at 325. We add cinnamon and real maple syrup or honey to sweeten it. It smells so good when baking. I think 16-20 almonds is appropriate for a snack size. I have to check with DH though to verify.
  • ChelleSC
    ChelleSC Posts: 49
    Options
    String cheese! 80 calories and a big helping of protein. I am a sucker for carrots and ranch. Most of the bars have a lot of sugar so I try to steer clear, but I have used the Atkins brand bars. Low sugar and high protein. My mom swears by keeping hard boiled eggs ready to go in the fridge, but I am terrible at peeling them. I find the toughest part of snacking during the day is being able to eat without having to split it with my toddler.