Daily Water Intake

Options
girlcube
girlcube Posts: 11 Member
Hi All!

I've just joined this Group and have been doing Keto/VLC and tracking my food for almost a month now. I'm wondering how much water you drink daily. I've been averaging about between 78-92oz.

Mark Sisson and the Primal crew over at marksdailyapple.com maintain you only need about 8 glasses (and even less than that), but I've heard that the more hydrated you are the easier it is for your body to flush ketones and fats.

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i count all fluids, not just water.
    i drink a pepsi max a day, white tea, use crystal light, true lemon, and assorted flavoured waters.
    counting it all up, its about 60-80 ounces. once i know i have my 8 cups in, i sort of stop counting though.
  • Bill_from_Philly
    Options
    I do about 2.5 liters normally, more if I'm outside sweating a lot but that's just water. Doesn't count coffee or anything else.
  • cwade1021
    cwade1021 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I've always heard half your body weight in oz OR 100oz whichever is more.

I've always gone over 100oz simply because I'm always thirsty...
  • Nixenne
    Nixenne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I usually drink around 3-3.5 liters a day, though I'm thinking about trying to bump it up higher to see if it helps with the water retention I've been having lately.

I hardly ever drink anything else, other than the occasional iced tea or coffee.
  • itsmarcel
    itsmarcel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't keep track anymore. I just try to drink enough to make my urine clear by the end of the day. :laugh: