Indoor or Outdoor

Options
Do you run indoor or outdoor? Both? is one easier/harder than the other?

I primarily run outdoors and let me tell ya....i know where every incline and decline is in my neighborhood! I may have to switch to treadmill once winter comes around and get a cheap gym membership. I don't want to run on snow/ice and ruin my shoes or get injured.

Replies

• angelautomatic
    angelautomatic Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I run outside. I like it better than running on a treadmill because there's the fresh air, and more sites to see while you're running. But I will probably have to start running inside during the winter, too. I can't stand cold weather.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I run inside on the gym treadmill - I'm too scared to run in public yet. (I guess the gym IS public - but different public!)
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Outdoor all the way, couldn't imagine running 5 miles in one spot!
    And I plan to continue through winter - I will make sure I'm kitted out properly.
  • Riskay123
    Riskay123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I am an outdoor runner. I find running indoors a bit boring. When I run outside there is always something to see even though I mostly run late at night in the dark.
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I'm an indoor runner at the moment for convenience reasons mostly. I have a brand new gym in my building so I can pop in during my lunch hour, put in my 30 minutes on the treadmill then go have a shower than go back to work and have a highly productive afternoon. I try to run on a gradient so when I do make the transition it won't be a total shock to the system.

Also it is winter where I am so I can't face getting out of bed super early to fit in a run. Once the seasons change and it is warm and sunny by 6am it will be a different story (I hope).