Roll Call for 7/12/12 - Finished today's workout?

Options
sharkweek
sharkweek Posts: 165 Member
Done with today's workout! I took a "rest" day yesterday that wasn't too rest-y since it included an hour of swimming. Back to it today, and the break did make it a little more challenging. I feel sooo much better once I'm done though.

P.S. Want to see another side of Jillian? I came across this story: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/jillian-michaels-helps-rescue-racehorse-bound-for-slaughter-2012194 Apparently she's a horse lover and saved a racehorse that was going to be killed. As an animal person, that made me so happy! I mind being yelled at not to quit a little less now. :)

Replies

• SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Day 8 down! I added extra stretching, but I realized I really really do need to add extra warm-ups. I know it. And get up early enough to eat first... I still can't make it through the first cardio circuit without modifications, and it's simple stuff. And by the end I'm flying. Stupid 20-second warm-up, my calves are killing until they get warmed up and stretched out.
  • VickiG36
    VickiG36 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Day 6 done! I hate the first cardio circuit too, but each day I get a little better at it. Hopefully by day 10 I can get the entire workout done. Today was my first day of doing all of the anterior raises!! Yay me!!!
  • txsgirlK
    txsgirlK Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Not yet, but hopefully tonight! Went to bed late last night and just could not attempt it this am! :yawn:
  • mscrumbyy
    mscrumbyy Posts: 116
    Options
    I missed yesterday because I didn't have the DVD at my dad's with me (and still don't), plus my step brother will not leave the living room which is technically my bedroom when I'm here. I'm putting my foot down today though, I actually MISS my exercise and I refuse to miss another day so he can play Call of Duty. Putting it here so you all have full permission to tell me off tonight if I make more excuses later.
  • sharkweek
    sharkweek Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I missed yesterday because I didn't have the DVD at my dad's with me (and still don't), plus my step brother will not leave the living room which is technically my bedroom when I'm here. I'm putting my foot down today though, I actually MISS my exercise and I refuse to miss another day so he can play Call of Duty. Putting it here so you all have full permission to tell me off tonight if I make more excuses later.
    This probably isn't too helpful since I'm sure we all have our copies of the shred by now, but you can get it on Amazon Instant Video at http://www.amazon.com/Level-1/dp/B00356CO1E/ for cheap ($5 or $10 I think? I already own it, so I can't see the price). The upside is that then you always have it if there's a computer around. You can also watch it on a Playstation (I think) or Roku (this is how I work out). If you want to be *really* fancy, you can even watch it on a smartphone with a little trickery. Never be without it again! :)
  • bnrose
    bnrose Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Done! The first cardio circuit is horrible! I feel like the moves I enjoy doing go by so quickly and the ones I hate drag on forever!!
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    This probably isn't too helpful since I'm sure we all have our copies of the shred by now, but you can get it on Amazon Instant Video at http://www.amazon.com/Level-1/dp/B00356CO1E/ for cheap ($5 or $10 I think? I already own it, so I can't see the price). The upside is that then you always have it if there's a computer around. You can also watch it on a Playstation (I think) or Roku (this is how I work out). If you want to be *really* fancy, you can even watch it on a smartphone with a little trickery. Never be without it again! :)

I watch mine on the PS3.
  • bright_and_shiny
    Options
    Day 5 done and dusted! :)
  • BrenB150
    BrenB150 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Day 5 complete!! Yay
  • Kimlp85
    Kimlp85 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done Yayy
  • nailtechbec
    nailtechbec Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Day 2 done, feel less sick than after day one but I have achy legs and shoulders today ! Bring on day 3 x
  • mscrumbyy
    mscrumbyy Posts: 116
    Options
    Day 9 done!
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Done day 5. I'm not sure that this is getting easier yet. I thing I might be squeezing in one or two more pushups, but I hurt just as bad.
  • johngirl
    johngirl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Day 5 done! There is something about htitng day five that it gets easier for me. Rest day tomorrow and then I'm going to move on to L2. Getting bored with L1. Anyone else feel like their ready to move on?
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Day 14 done!!! SO glad I bought knee supports before starting, that would be my one tip for anyone... I don't have 'bad knees' or anything but the last time I tried to do this I only got as far as day 8 and had to stop because my knees were so sore! At the halfway point tomorrow, WOOOOOOP!!!!
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Day 4 done!
  • JamesterCK
    JamesterCK Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Checking in! Got my workout for today done, feeling good! Day 5 complete, 1/6 of the way done, yay.
  • KimberErin
    KimberErin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was hard because I was sore and had no energy, but I'm hoping today will be different.
  • newdayhasbegun
    newdayhasbegun Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow, this thread is on fire today. Great work, everyone.

Level 1, Day 5 completed. I will up my weights to 5# tomorrow. I know that if I want to see a difference, I need to make sure I challenge myself.

Three pound weights are feeling adequate on the shoulder pull-backs and bicep curls in section 2, and the chest row in section 3. So I will challenge myself to take it up a notch.

One victory I can definitely state after doing Level 1 five times is that I am stronger.

Keep up the good work, everybody.
  • arylia
    arylia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Done with day 5!